(The Den)
The World's Armed Forces Forum History, Politics, Economics and Religion Forum
Greece & Turkey Defence Forum Europe, Middle East & Africa
Defence Forum
Asia & Pacific Defence Forum
Help, Suggestions & Complaints

WAFF Debates Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

When thinking how to punish terrorists, the murder of Edward II springs to mind.

November 12 2004 at 7:04 PM
No score for this post
notan  (Login notanonymous)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

Edward II (the foolish), an English king of the early 14th century, was murdered by his political enemies. Not wanting any visible signs of foul play, his murderers devised an ingenious way to go about it. They put a tube up his rectum, and they then inserted a red hot poker into the tube and into his bowels until he died. It was said his screams were heard for miles. He was also gay, so it was thought the manner of his death showed great wit.

I think this would be the perfect way to end the lives of captured terrorists. You see, if you execute them, they will be regarded as martyrs by fellow Muslims. Indeed, many terrorist choose to be terrorists so that they can be martyrs and go to paradise. However, if they knew that martyrdom could take this form, they might think otherwise. Quite frankly, having a tube stuck up your a$$ and then having a red hot poker inserted into that tube is not a glamorous way to go.

Think of a hypothetical terrorist, Mohammed. (sic)
He is a rather confused young man, who is enraged by western treatment of the Islamic world. Also, there is not much he can hope to be in life otherwise, so he wants to be a hero for the struggle and be remembered as a martyr. So it's fine if he goes fighting the Americans in Iraq or the Europeans in Europe, and gets captured, and executed. But what if his execution looks like the one I just described? Would he want to be rembered as having been a$$ raped to death? It is something worth thinking about. After all if it is good enough for a king of England, it is surely good enough for a fanatical turbanhead.

"Because our cultural identity has been well defined for thousands of years, we cannot bear a migratory wave of people who have nothing to do with us … who are not ready to become like us, to be absorbed by us … who, on the contrary, aim to absorb us. To change our principles, our values, our identity, our way of life. And who in the meantime molest us with their retrograde ignorance, their retrograde bigotry, their retrograde religion. I am saying that in our culture there is no room for the muezzins, for the minarets, for the phony abstemious, for the humiliating chador, for the degrading burkah."

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
ChongLi
(Login ChongLi)
The Redcoats (UK)

Re: When thinking how to punish terrorists, the murder of Edward II springs to mind.

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 8:13 PM 

Bury them in pig fat.

What your saying though is actually quite sick, i dont mean how Edward II died just what your saying on a whole. Youll be pointiing out various torture methods to use on terrorists next.

This message has been edited by ChongLi on Nov 12, 2004 8:17 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Anonymous
(Login notanonymous)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

Re: When thinking how to punish terrorists, the murder of Edward II springs to mind.

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 8:13 PM 

Anyone have a better idea?
"Because our cultural identity has been well defined for thousands of years, we cannot bear a migratory wave of people who have nothing to do with us … who are not ready to become like us, to be absorbed by us … who, on the contrary, aim to absorb us. To change our principles, our values, our identity, our way of life. And who in the meantime molest us with their retrograde ignorance, their retrograde bigotry, their retrograde religion. I am saying that in our culture there is no room for the muezzins, for the minarets, for the phony abstemious, for the humiliating chador, for the degrading burkah."

This message has been edited by notanonymous on Nov 12, 2004 11:46 PM

Anonymous
(Login notanonymous)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 8:15 PM 

Yes, slow asphyxiation in a foul, forbidden substance.

Anonymous
(Login notanonymous)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 8:24 PM 

"What your saying though is actually quite sick, i dont mean how Edward II died just what your saying on a whole. Youll be pointiing out various torture methods to use on terrorists next."

No, I am quite serious. Old paradigms no longer apply. The terrorists are not afraid of death, in fact they think it an honor. They are killing our people, and that demands punishment. If they are imprisoned, that is not punishment enough. If they are killed, they regard it as martyrdom, and perhaps they even enjoy thinking about death and the "virgins of paradise." Justice has to be served. They are *terrorists*, they think nothing of killing or death. Let them have a taste of what they serve to others. Don't start a fire if you can't take the heat.

This message has been edited by notanonymous on Nov 12, 2004 8:25 PM

ChongLi
(Login ChongLi)
The Redcoats (UK)

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 8:35 PM 

>>If they are killed, they regard it as martyrdom, and perhaps they even enjoy thinking about death<<

If they are killed, they should buried in pig fat. This prevents them becoming a martyr or going to heaven or some ****. The Russians have recently started doing it(or threatening to do it) to Chechen terrorists.

This way, they cant see suicide bombing as a way to paradise and the seventy seven virgins blahblahblah.

The people that oppose this method on human rights grounds should simply be buried alive(just kidding!)

"Garlic......and bread?? Garlic bread??"

Anonymous
(Login drkstr)

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 8:40 PM 

didnt we try that the last time around? Dureing the first world war in the middle east?

Among other evils which being unarmed brings you it causes you to be despised - Niccolo Machiavelli

http://www.savethebritishforces.org.uk

"...At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember them"

Anonymous
(Login notanonymous)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 8:42 PM 

"If they are killed, they should buried in pig fat. This prevents them becoming a martyr or going to heaven or some ****."

I don't know if that would work. These people tend to twist things to fit their world view, I'm sure they'd find an excuse somwhere in the Koran that says its okay if you touch pigs if you do it for Allah and so on. On the other hand, you can't argue with heated pokers in your rectum.

BTW, can you hear the song?

Anonymous
(Login drkstr)

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 8:45 PM 

notanonymous dont you think your more then a little shall we say extream?

we do that and we become no better then they are, I amso doubt you will find any sane person willing to carry out such a sentance

Among other evils which being unarmed brings you it causes you to be despised - Niccolo Machiavelli

And in the morning
We will remember them"

Anonymous
(Login notanonymous)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 8:49 PM 

"we do that and we become no better then they are, I amso doubt you will find any sane person willing to carry out such a sentance"

They say that a liberal society cannot survive when faced with those who do not share its values. Besides, like I said, if it was done to a king of England...\
When you kill others you agree to any reprecussions that might follow. It is as simple as that.

ChongLi
(Login ChongLi)
The Redcoats (UK)

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 8:54 PM 

>>Besides, like I said, if it was done to a king of England...\<<

This happened during Europes most brutal age though, i'd like to think we had moved from that even if "others" havent.

@ Drkstr

Really? What do you mean, the pig fat thing or the ahem.. red hot poker?

Anonymous
(Login drkstr)

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 9:09 PM 

The poker

And in the morning
We will remember them"

Anonymous
(Login notanonymous)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 9:29 PM 

"This happened during Europes most brutal age though, i'd like to think we had moved from that even if "others" havent"

What are you talking about? The Dark ages were the best. You could live, unlike today, where you merely exist.

ChongLi
(Login ChongLi)
The Redcoats (UK)

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 9:34 PM 

>>The poker<<

LOl, youre joking right?

@ Notan

The Dark ages ended about 200 years before Edwrad II was born. It depends what you mean by 'live' aswell, the poor were still poor back then you know, life was F-king hard and the majority of european populations would have existed rather than really lived.

Anonymous
(Login drkstr)

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 9:38 PM 

lol I just realised what you where asking! I thought you where asking if I rearly thought useing the poker would make us as bad as them

Nah we tried the pig fat I will try to dig out the info

And in the morning
We will remember them"

roland
(Login ultrarep)
La Grande Armee (France)

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 10:17 PM 

Notan:
if you believe it is with this kind of thinking you're going to fight eficiently against terrorism, that means you didn't understand anything.
Fight against wahabi terror is also a ideological war.
To win this war we must be proud of what is good on our society: progress and human rights.
I couldn't be proud of my country if it treats its prisoners that way.

---------------------------------------------
If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger

This message has been edited by ultrarep on Nov 12, 2004 10:18 PM

Anonymous
(Login notanonymous)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 10:34 PM 

"To win this war we must be proud of what is good on our society: progress and human rights."

Unfortunately most Europeans feel the way you do. It sometimes seems to me that Europeans take pride in their defenslesness. As I said before, a liberal society cannot survive if faced with those who do not share its values. My only hope for my country and Europe as a whole is that the course of events will eventually show people the reality.

Anonymous
(Login notanonymous)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 10:57 PM 

One more thing: this is obviously a war, this war against terrorism. Even the most liberal society becomes illiberal in a struggle to survive. Not an existentialist struggle, this war on terrorism, you say? Ironicaly, that's true for Americans. As for Europeans, take a look at your local school if you live in a city. Shrug

Anonymous
(Login drkstr)

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 11:05 PM 

yes its a war but he have to the win the war of ideas as well as the war on the battlefield

What good if in wining we become that which we tried to defeate?

And in the morning
We will remember them"

roland
(Login ultrarep)
La Grande Armee (France)

No score for this post
November 12 2004, 11:06 PM 

"Unfortunately most Europeans feel the way you do. "
I'm far from certain you know how I feel and I certainly don't feel like most of the Europeans LOL.
Well on the fight against terror perhaps. I think we are not so bad in Europe on that matter.
But no, don't panic. There is really no need for torture.

---------------------------------------------
If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
WAFF recommends these sites

Indian Defence Analysis      [Definitive Lapse of Reason]