September 25 2008 at 4:05 PM
No score for this post

BATU  (Login ba2)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

Its claimed that he killed around 137 american soldiers in iraq

_____

Video removed due to forum rules violation

This message has been edited by B2_Spirit on Sep 25, 2008 9:51 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

pillow biter
(Login 7castle)
Imperium Europeum (Europe)

Re: Juba sniper (Baghdad Sniper) :

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 4:26 PM 

That's why blackwater will do just the same or worst.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

(Login antiindian)
Shaheens (Pakistan)

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 4:27 PM 

10:05 like the way how he ran..
14:00 no one helped him?

btw ... why did the sniper take only one shot?

================================================

"As an air defence analyst, I am fully aware that the Pakistan Air
Force ranks today as one of the best air forces in the world and that
the PAF Combat Commanders' School (CCS) in Sargodha has been ranked
as the best GCI/pilot and fighter tactics and weapons school in the
world". As one senior US defence analyst commented to me in 1991, "it
leaves Topgun (the US Naval Air Station in Miramar, California) far
behind".
-Sergey Vekhov
May 1993 issue (pages 46-47) of Airforces Monthly

Eric
(Login Nighthawk00)
Eagle Squadron (US)

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 4:36 PM 

BATU, do you believe that one man killed 137 soldiers with a sniper gun; i.e. do you believe the stories?

Mobile airpower

"The enemy dies relaxed," observed a Lockheed Martin manager.

(Login dormentos)

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 4:46 PM 

He shoots one time because its supposed to be a hit and run. He is most of the times shooting from a car and shooting more could give away his position and he could get killed by enemy incoming fire.

(Login arsenal100)
The Redcoats (UK)

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 4:47 PM 

eric he might have done its him against 157,000 soldiers

If you're right, no one remembers. If you're wrong, no one forgets.

Why do people talk about an Islamic bomb?... This is a Pakistani bomb. In the case of India, you don't talk of a
vegetarian bomb."
---Pakistan's Minister of Information, Mushahid Hussain in an interview with Der Spiegel (June 8, 1998)

(Login AliBeekar)

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 5:27 PM 

"BATU, do you believe that one man killed 137 soldiers with a sniper gun; i.e. do you believe the stories"

It is as believable as saying Iran is after WMD or Jews are honest and peaceful people. Now make your own conclusion my dear friend.

"Disclaimer: Please add a hint of sarcasm while reading any thing I post"

Element7
(Login uncontrolled_substance)

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 5:56 PM 

I saw small documentary on the war in Iraq about 6 months ago. They had a segment in it where they mentioned the "Juba" myth... They had Iraqi's interviewed, praising him for killing an American soldier.

They then showed another video of different Iraqi's, praising Juba for yet another American soldier killed.

The documentary then went on to mention that these soldiers were killed 30 something minutes apart, which could be possible except for the fact that both soldiers were killed roughly 300km away from each other, but Juba was claimed to have killed both.

Now unless "Juba" has some magic way of traveling 300km in 30 minutes, we can assume that he is a myth created to inspire the resistance, which is a little more believable... but if you want to continue to believe the myth, more power to you I guess...

psingh01
(Login psingh01)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 6:25 PM 

swoopmaster
(Login swoopmaster)
The Anusiya (Iran)

hardly impossible

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 6:50 PM 

incredible but hardly impossible

here are two other amazing snipers from earlier this century

Simo Häyhä,

a Finnish sniper operating during the Winter War between Finland and Russia just before WWII, had over five hundred confirmed kills using iron sights.
The unofficial Finnish frontline figure from the battlefield of Kollaa places the number of Häyhä’s sniper kills at 542. A daily account of the kills at Kollaa was conducted for the Finnish snipers. Häyhä used a Finnish variant, M28, of the Soviet Mosin-Nagant rifle (known as “Pystykorva” rifle), because it suited his small frame (5 ft/1.52 m). He preferred to use iron sights rather than telescopic sights to present a smaller target (the sniper must raise their head higher when using telescopic sights) and aid concealment (sun reflecting off telescopic sight lenses can reveal a sniper’s position).
Besides his sniper kills, Simo Häyhä was also credited with as many as two hundred kills with a Suomi M-31 SMG submachine gun, thus bringing his credited kills to at least 705. However, the latter claim has never been substantiated. All of Häyhä’s kills were accomplished within 100 days prior to injuries caused by an enemy bullet. Häyhä’s record of an average of 5 kills a day, almost one kill per daylight hour of the short winter day, is unique.

5 kills a day with ironsight, thats just crazy

http://dethroner.com/2007/11/26/the-most-successful-sniper-in-history/

Lyudmila Mikhailivna Pavlichenko
(Ukrainian: Людмила Михайлівна Павліченко, Russian: Людмила Михайловна Павличенко) (July 12, 1916 – October 10, 1974) was a Ukrainian Soviet sniper during World War II, credited with 309 kills

Born in Bila Tserkva on July 12, 1916, Pavlichenko moved to Kiev with her family at the age of fourteen. There she joined a shooting club and developed into a sharpshooter, while working as a grinder at the Kiev Arsenal factory.

[edit] World War II
In June of 1941, 24-year old Pavlichenko was studying history at the Kiev University when Nazi Germany began its invasion of the Soviet Union.

Pavlichenko was among the first round of volunteers at the recruiting office, where she requested to join the infantry and subsequently she was assigned to the Red Army's 25th Infantry Division.

There she became one of 2,000 female snipers in the Red Army, of whom only about 500 ultimately survived the war. As a sniper, she made her first two kills near Belyayevka, using a Mosin-Nagant bolt action rifle with a P.E. 4-power scope.

1943 postage stampPvt. Pavlichenko fought for about two and a half months near Odessa, where she recorded 187 kills. When the Germans gained control of Odessa, her unit was pulled to be sent to Sevastopol on the Crimean Peninsula. In May 1942, Lieutenant Pavlichenko was cited by the Southern Army Council for killing 257 German soldiers. Her total confirmed kills during World War II was 309, including 36 enemy snipers. In June 1942, Pavlichenko was wounded by mortar fire. Because of her growing status, she was pulled from combat less than a month after recovering from her wound.

Pavlichenko greeting USMC Donald AldrichShe was sent to Canada and the United States for a publicity visit and became the first Soviet citizen to be received by a U.S. President when Franklin Roosevelt welcomed her at the White House. Later, Pavlichenko was invited by Eleanor Roosevelt to tour America relating her experiences. She appeared before the International Student Assembly being held in Washington, D.C., and later attended CIO meetings and made appearances and speeches in New York City. The United States gave her a Colt automatic pistol, and in Canada, she was presented with a sighted Winchester rifle, the latter of which is now on display at the Central Museum of the Armed Forces in Moscow. While visiting in Canada along with Vladimir Pehelintsev (fellow sniper) and Nikolai Krasavchenko (Moscow fuel commissioner), they were greeted by thousands at Toronto's Union Station.
The 1976 USSR-issued postage stamp dedicated to PavlichenkoHaving attained the rank of Major, Pavlichenko never returned to combat but became an instructor and trained Soviet snipers until the war's end. In 1943, she was awarded the Gold Star of the Hero of the Soviet Union, and was commemorated on a Soviet postage stamp.

187 kills in 70 days, wow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko

...............................................................................................................................................................

G/T unity
(Login ba2)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 9:08 PM 

Quote:
BATU, do you believe that one man killed 137 soldiers with a sniper gun; i.e. do you believe the stories?

Eric anything is possible, since you cant do much about a sniper that shoots only once and escapes so you cant detect him well no one can anyways i personally dont think he was just a one man its probably a group of snipers and dont know if they really killed 137 soldiers but thats the number of soldiers theyve claimed theyve killed?

_____

banner man
(Login moughoun)
WAFFer

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 9:38 PM 

Actually no **** it,

the guy was a superhero, who killed all he survyed, I pissed myself just thinking of him....

Fair winds......
Dauntless sons of Celtic sires
Whose souls the love of freedom fires,
Hark! ev'ry harp to war inspires
On Cader Idris side.
See the brave advancing,
See the brave advancing,
Each well-tried spear
Which Saxons fear,
In warlike splendour glancing.
Proud Harlech from her frowning tow'rs
Pours forth her never failing pow'rs.
Rouse, heroes, glory shall be ours,
March on, your country's pride!

This message has been edited by moughoun on Sep 25, 2008 9:47 PM

(Login B2_Spirit)

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 9:52 PM 

Ba2,

Do not post videos of people getting shot again

(Login MikePapa1)
Administrator

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 10:24 PM 

http://www.network54.com/Forum/211833/message/1189833887/

I love recycled myths as the basis of jihadist threads. Allah Akbar. Marg bar Amerika.

Provost

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Calvin Coolidge, President of the United States 1924-1929

(Login Chossmelli)

No score for this post
September 26 2008, 8:07 AM 

Juba is not one man, it consists of a group of people.

http://www.republicbroadcasting.org/
Siv: Flame wars are great, They are turn based

(Login Volverin)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
May 26 2012, 12:41 PM 

@AVIATOR

wtf, can´t you watch when a soldier being killed??

PUSSSSYYYY! happy.gifhappy.gif

I remember, US soldiers schiting in their pants.

Juba Juba Juba. happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

-----------------------------------------

c447eokld4d6vz6rv.jpg

(Login MPOne)
WAFFer.

No score for this post
May 26 2012, 6:53 PM 

You remember, V? You were there? Oh, please, tell us all about it.

[linked image]"The chief aim of all government is to preserve the freedom of the citizen. His control over his person, his property, his movements, his business, his desires should be restrained only so far as the public welfare imperatively demands. The world is in more danger of being governed too much than too little.

It is the teaching of all history that liberty can only be preserved in small areas. Local self-government is, therefore, indispensable to liberty. A centralized and distant bureaucracy is the worst of all tyranny.

Taxation can justly be levied for no purpose other than to provide revenue for the support of the government. To tax one person, class or section to provide revenue for the benefit of another is none the less robbery because done under the form of law and called taxation."

John W. Davis, Democratic Presidential Candidate, 1924. Davis was one of the greatest trial and appellate lawyers in US history. He also served as the US Ambassador to the UK.
[linked image]

(Login B2-Spirit)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
May 26 2012, 8:17 PM 

Dear Vulva,
I was trying to enforce the rules cause i was a mod at that time, looks like i ruffled your feathers a little too much bwahahaha

[linked image]

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-910MCAnt7DU/T3D3CJHqnZI/AAAAAAAAGDw/TpfF0ppbLkM/w400/beautiful-breeze-beach-girl-sexygifoftheday.com.gif

(Login Volverin)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
May 26 2012, 8:27 PM 

@provost

"You remember, V? You were there? Oh, please, tell us all about it."

---------

Yes I remember that by medias , youtube and the other....

WTF would I do in desert arabcountry? What is this AVATAR?HOLLYWOOD?
Wake up!

I used " remember" because of the US historyline is so short 200-300 years old so I can say i remember for 4 years old case in this forum.

I think 4 years a long long history for americants!happy.gif

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For us Turks 4 years is like 400 years,

capish?

-----------------------------

c447eokld4d6vz6rv.jpg

(Login cwc.mgmt)

No score for this post
May 26 2012, 8:39 PM 

"For us Turks 4 years is like 400 years, capish?"

Actually it makes perfect sense and explains quite nicely why Turkey has declined (relatively) in importance over the past 400 years or so, it can not react to changing realities fast enough...hmmm that actually leads to some interesting bridges in continuity between biological and societal evolution....

logo6_reasonably_small.pngtagline2.pnglogo6_reasonably_small.png

(Login ELWAPO)
Eagle Squadron (US)

No score for this post
May 26 2012, 8:44 PM 

Greeks better get their sh!t together quickly or turks are going to start to come in here
and nonsense-us to death!! [linked image]

-----------------

(Login Volverin)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
May 26 2012, 8:53 PM 

IN HISTORY SCALE :

4 US YEAR = 400 TURKISHYEARS

[linked image]

-----------------------------------

c447eokld4d6vz6rv.jpg

(Login ELWAPO)
Eagle Squadron (US)

No score for this post
May 26 2012, 8:57 PM 

That's some kinda math you're using there.

-----------------

(Login MPOne)
WAFFer.

No score for this post
May 27 2012, 2:05 PM 

Yes I remember that by medias , youtube and the other....

Oh, then you don't "remember," you think you know based on what you've been told by others.

WTF would I do in desert arabcountry? What is this AVATAR?HOLLYWOOD?
Wake up!

I'm fully awake, thanks. When you said you "remember" US soldiers defacating in their pants, that sounded as though you'd actually been there, rather than simply because you're another of our keyboard warriors. You mention "Hollywood" yet you use it and its equivalents upon which to base your "memories." You, V, are an odd duck.

I used " remember" because of the US historyline is so short 200-300 years old so I can say i remember for 4 years old case in this forum.

I hear this quite a bit here and it always makes me smile. What on earth does a relatively short national history have to do with anything? The US has achieved far more in its short history than say Turkey has in its long one. That might suggust to an objective observer that Turks might be able to learn something from Americans.

I think 4 years a long long history for americants!

In order to "think" that, V, you'd have to be able to think. So far, I've seen nothing to indicate that ability.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For us Turks 4 years is like 400 years,

capish?>

No, I don't understand. What does that mean? You seem to be saying that by the time a Turk is 4, he's the equivalent of 400 years old, and, apparently, fully mature. It seems you may be right. If the Turks who post here are any guage, y'all certainly act like you're 4. Capish?

-----------------------------

[linked image]"The chief aim of all government is to preserve the freedom of the citizen. His control over his person, his property, his movements, his business, his desires should be restrained only so far as the public welfare imperatively demands. The world is in more danger of being governed too much than too little.

It is the teaching of all history that liberty can only be preserved in small areas. Local self-government is, therefore, indispensable to liberty. A centralized and distant bureaucracy is the worst of all tyranny.

Taxation can justly be levied for no purpose other than to provide revenue for the support of the government. To tax one person, class or section to provide revenue for the benefit of another is none the less robbery because done under the form of law and called taxation."

John W. Davis, Democratic Presidential Candidate, 1924. Davis was one of the greatest trial and appellate lawyers in US history. He also served as the US Ambassador to the UK.
[linked image]

Current Topic - Juba sniper (Baghdad Sniper) :  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
WAFF recommends these sites

Indian Defence Analysis      [Definitive Lapse of Reason]