Help, Suggestions & Complaints

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Middle East War? Israel Mobilizes Reserve Battalions On Egyptian Border

May 2 2012 at 10:58 PM
No score for this post
  (Login ELWAPO)
Eagle Squadron (US)

[linked image]
Is the Middle East headed towards a war? It sure looks that way. The Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) have mobilized six battalions of reserve duty troops to meet what Israelis have termed a growing threat on the Egyptian and Syrian borders. The Knesset, Israels parliament, has approved the mobilization of an additional sixteen combat battalions, should the army brass feel it necessary.

The Times of Israel quoted an IDF spokesman as stating that intelligence assessments called for the deployment of more soldiers to face what the news site termed new dangers on Israels northern and southern borders.

Israeli newspaper Maariv also reported on the situation, revealing that the IDF had to decide between canceling training sessions for regular duty troops but instead called up the reserves because canceling training would mean soldiers would not be prepared in the case of an all-out war.

All Israelis, with the exceptions of Arab and the ultra-orthodox, serve a mandatory term of service following high school graduation and male veterans can expect to serve yearly stints in the reserves for until they reach their fifties.

The reason for the call up? The Times of Israel reports that Rising tensions between Israel and Egyptand the ongoing unrest in Syria caused the army to ask the Knesset for special permission to call up more soldiers, more often.

In terms of Egypt, Israel is worried due to rising Islamic influence in the country following the fall of Mubarak, especially the ascendency of the Muslim Brotherhood, and a popular backlash against the Camp David Accords which have kept the peace between Cairo and Jerusalem since 1979.

Amr Moussa, a popular Presidential candidate in Egypt, has publicly stated that while Egypt still honors its peace with Israel, the accords are dead.

This signifies that the IDF regards the Egyptian and Syrian borders as the potential source of a greater threat than in the past, said former Israeli deputy chief of staff Dan Harel on Wednesday evening.

The army needs a better answer than in the past to the threat, he said, citing Egypts deteriorating control over the Sinai, marked by an upsurge in Bedouin smuggling of weapons and other goods. He also spoke of the growing threat of terrorism from Sinai, as exemplified by an infiltration last August in which eight Israelis were killed.

The Syrian situation was also highly combustible, Harel said, and it could explode at any moment and pose a direct challenge to us.

One thing is for sure, Israel sure seems to be prepping for a war

http://www.inquisitr.com/229099/middle-east-war-israel-mobilizes-reserve-battalions-on-egyptian-border/

Bring on the apocalypse!!

-----------------

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
WAFFer
(Login T1tan)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

Re: Middle East War? Israel Mobilizes Reserve Battalions On Egyptian Border

No score for this post
May 3 2012, 3:43 AM 

no you are wrong. it's people like you that jump the whistle and spread bs like this that make this world a chittier place to live in. I hope you get older and become less concrete minded and more logical. you know generations of my family have fought in every major war for centuries, whether they were right or wrong it doesnt mean I have to emulate them to make me feel better.

if a war has pride and honor in it then I'm all for it. If it's for greed and politics then I'm all for the revolution.

if you want a proper American hero and not some conformist pussy fagg0ts, here's a few you can choose from Elwapo

[linked image]

Ron Swanson

[linked image]

Thomas Jefferson

[linked image]

Ron Paul

I have no problem with conservatives, my friends tell me I am (I don't think I am) they are who change the world.

[linked image]

this man is a clown. he's big in our country because he advertises that war is okay, just like half of the discovery channel and all the video games we play. the guy has the mental capacity of a 17th century english prostitute, you should not look up to him.

funnyhomelesssigns6.jpg

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

(Login ELWAPO)
Eagle Squadron (US)

No score for this post
May 3 2012, 4:51 AM 

Stop being such a sensitive pussy.... "Bring on the apocalypse" was a sarcasm remark, dumby!

Really wishing for the apocalypse would mean Jesus coming to take me to heaven and I'm
not ready for that. [linked image]

-----------------

(Login Indigo112)
Imperium Europeum (Europe)

No score for this post
May 3 2012, 6:02 AM 

Can we ban all the Turks already.

WAFFer
(Login T1tan)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
May 3 2012, 6:29 AM 

ban all the Turks lol? who the motherfvck are you talking like that lol? another zionist little sh1t head that supports isreal under any circumstance?

PS: real right wing Americans do not support ze Jews.

funnyhomelesssigns6.jpg

Leo2SG
(Login tankee1981)
The Singa-Lauts (Singapore)

No score for this post
May 3 2012, 6:34 AM 

I hope for Peace not War

WAFFer
(Login Serkan999)
WAFFer

No score for this post
May 3 2012, 10:53 AM 

The only apocalypse is the nukes those heebs have. Also on the sea thanks to the German retards. Hope they taste some nukes if Israels end is near. They could fire from sea if things hit the fan.

De verrassing van het seizoen. Moet gezegd worden.

This message has been edited by Serkan999 on May 3, 2012 10:58 AM

Current Topic - Middle East War? Israel Mobilizes Reserve Battalions On Egyptian Border  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
WAFF recommends these sites

Indian Defence Analysis      [Definitive Lapse of Reason]