New Smart Sniper Scope

June 21 2012 at 10:23 PM
No score for this post

(Login MPOne)
WAFFer.

New Smart Sniper Scope
[linked image]
by Matthew Cox on June 20, 2012 13 comments

Eurosatory 12 is over, but I still have a few goodies left over from Paris that might interest you. I know I showed the Israelis a lot of love last week on this blog, but I just couldnt help it. They kept showing me cool stuff like the new Meslas 1040 Snipers Fire-Controlled Riflescope.

The Meslas, made by Pulse Inteco Systems Ltd., features a laser rangefinder thats effective out to 2,000 meters and a ballistic computer that provides the sniper with a red dot showing where the bullet will strike the target. The Meslas features a data port so the shooter can upload ballistic tables, wind tables and other sniper tools for the mission, PI Systems officials maintain. In other words, Meslas doesnt do it all; you need sniper skills to make it effective.

The Pentagons Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency have been developing its own smart scopes such as the Dynamic Image Gunsight Optic, which is based on Lockheed Martins Advanced Sighting System (One-Shot) technology. Designed for snipers, One-Shot relies on sensors that measure environmental conditions at several points along a bullets path to the target.

Members of the sniper community, however, have pointed that attempts to develop a sniper scope that calculates atmospherical conditions in addition to providing range and adjusted aimpoint may be a bridge too far. A good spotter can be just as effective or better at reading wind than One-Shot, some snipers say.

The Meslas weighs a little over four pounds and runs on four CR-123 batteries. This is the second version of the Meslas system, which has been in development for roughly four years.

Here is a video of a PI Systems official explaining the Meslas. Hope its helpful.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="440" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">

If video doesn't embed then it can be found here:
http://kitup.military.com/2012/06/new-smart-sniper-scope.html

[linked image]"The chief aim of all government is to preserve the freedom of the citizen. His control over his person, his property, his movements, his business, his desires should be restrained only so far as the public welfare imperatively demands. The world is in more danger of being governed too much than too little.

It is the teaching of all history that liberty can only be preserved in small areas. Local self-government is, therefore, indispensable to liberty. A centralized and distant bureaucracy is the worst of all tyranny.

Taxation can justly be levied for no purpose other than to provide revenue for the support of the government. To tax one person, class or section to provide revenue for the benefit of another is none the less robbery because done under the form of law and called taxation."

John W. Davis, Democratic Presidential Candidate, 1924. Davis was one of the greatest trial and appellate lawyers in US history. He also served as the US Ambassador to the UK.
[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

WAFFer
(Login irkut)
The Red Army (Russia)

Re: New Smart Sniper Scope

No score for this post
June 22 2012, 1:54 AM 

Scopes like this are becoming rather common. The Russian Shaheen scope has a built in ballistic computer, a laser range finder and a Swiss TI channel. The only problem is cost.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by irkut on Jun 22, 2012 1:57 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
E7
(Login E7)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
June 22 2012, 2:00 AM 

Heh, I like the rail on the scope..

----------------------------------------------
[linked image]

WAFFer
(Login nb1300)
Middle Kingdom (China)

No score for this post
June 22 2012, 4:29 AM 

made in usa lol

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

--

(Login ELWAPO)
Eagle Squadron (US)

No score for this post
June 22 2012, 4:54 AM 

^ ^ ^
Are you effing kidding me, you ponytail wearing oriental?!?

We make the best weapons while you yellow monkeys copy just about everything the U.S makes!

-----------------

Current Topic - New Smart Sniper Scope  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
WAFF recommends these sites

Indian Defence Analysis      [Definitive Lapse of Reason]