Asia & Pacific Defence Forum
Help, Suggestions & Complaints

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Argentina negotiating 18 AESA Kfir Block 60

January 13 2014 at 10:29 PM
No score for this post
wertGR  (Login wertGR)
Hellenic Hoplites (Greece)

IAI in September 2013 said it was in advanced negotiations with at least two air forces that wanted to purchase its Block 60-standard Kfir. A company source projected that first aircraft deliveries could occur within a year of a deal being signed, with a market existing to sell "two- to three-squadrons".

As the latest upgrade of the Israeli-made fighter, the new configuration involves giving the General Electric J79-powered aircraft a total overhaul, and re-equipping it with an Elta Systems EL/M-2032 active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar and an open architecture avionics suite.

Originally developed for the Israeli air force and first flown more than 40 years ago, the Kfir is currently in active service with three operators: Colombia, Ecuador and Sri Lanka. The Colombian air force's C10/C12-standard examples (one pictured above) are the most recent to have been supplied, and are equipped with Elta's AESA radar, large-screen multifunction displays, a Rafael Litening targeting pod. They are also adapted for in-flight refuelling.>>
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/argentina-seeks-kfir-deal-with-israel-394770/

THat would be a good deal for the Argies as Spain had to cancel the sale of Mirage F1. At 27.7mil$ per airframe it is the only solution for argentina plus it is an easy plane to maintain and operate. I wonder if it is new airframes or old ones, with 3d printing technologies and modern digital CNC it wouldn't be too hard for israel to even make new airframes of this simple design.

[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

WAFFer
(Login romulus007)

Re: Argentina negotiating 18 AESA Kfir Block 60

No score for this post
January 14 2014, 1:05 AM 

the kfir is basically a mirage V , if the kfir still has life in it so do our mirage 2000

this would be an excellent upgrade to the mirage that saves on going to dassault and getting r@ped, perhaps the israelis together with hai can come up with something

[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Yaguarete_AR
(Login Yaguarete_AR)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
January 14 2014, 1:58 AM 

Faggots from Britain did not hysterically protests because the Kfir has American engine and that engine is a sheit... It killed more Western pilots than all the Mig 21 fleet in the World.

-------------------------------------------------------
"Las Malvinas fueron, son y serán Argentinas"

[linked image] [linked image]

EpistratosGR
(Login EpistratosGR)

No score for this post
January 14 2014, 2:16 PM 

If Argentina buys any new weapons from Israel they will be confiscated by the IMF before they reach Argentinean soil. For the same reason Argentina cancelled its participation in Cruzex 2013 held in Brazil fearing their A-4R's would also be impounded by its creditors.

WAFFer
(Login Zomb111)
The Redcoats (UK)

No score for this post
January 14 2014, 6:51 PM 

What is the relationship like between Argentina and Brazil ?
Would it be possible for Argentina to buy Brazil made Gripen ?

I can think of many reasons why Griprn would be the best fighter available . and now its going to be made in brazil it might become the standard fighter for most of south America if they aren't to picky about who they sell to .

I could see the UK trying to block a Brazil gripen deal for Argentina , but if Brazil has full tech transfer then there might be nothing they can do about it .

Yaguarete_AR
(Login Yaguarete_AR)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
January 16 2014, 1:37 PM 

"What is the relationship like between Argentina and Brazil ?
Would it be possible for Argentina to buy Brazil made Gripen ? "

Totally. In fact, Sweden-Brazil agreement for licensing the Gripen includes an item that Brazil can produce AND export the fighter. Again, the problem for Argentina is still the American engine. I would rather prefer to explore the Chinese market (FC-1)

WAFFer
(Login c0lky7)
Moderators

No score for this post
January 16 2014, 1:52 PM 

Yay!! Some new target practice for our Tiffies!!! Come on Fag, petition your govt and that silly b1tch in charge to have another go!!!

[linked image]

(Login ruuuumler)
WAFFer

No score for this post
January 16 2014, 2:50 PM 

problem is that Argentina has no money what so ever to even think of buying new fighters (25% of inflation and 90% of the police just went on a huge nation wide strike a couple of weeks ago) & if they buy anything overseas, chances are that the material will get bounded in due to Argentina's international debt situation.

WAFFer
(Login Fantaros)
Elite WAFF Vet Club

No score for this post
January 16 2014, 4:15 PM 

Argentina has no enemies in the region and the region itself is a good neighborhood on the world stage. I see NO REASON for argentina to make such purchases.

[linked image]

(Login lonewolfecdn)
The Canucks (Canada)

full tech transfer?

No score for this post
January 17 2014, 12:39 AM 

my understanding and correct if i am wrong the engines are American, Americans can block sale with engines. i really like the gripens though which Canada would look at those the f35 radar or whatever lol cant work in the artic area for whatever reason i am tired and forgot what it was so anyway my point is the americans can block engine sale

Yaguarete_AR
(Login Yaguarete_AR)
The Conquerors (Turkey)

No score for this post
January 17 2014, 1:37 AM 

USA won't block the sale. On the contrary, that's why UK did protests because we tried to buy old Spanish Mirage F1M (French engine) but they don´t protest that we buy a (more modern) aircraft such the supposedly Kfir B60. If we buy Kfir, then in a month-period USA will make us ground the fleet if they please. That's why we need Chinese fighters.

(Login .Mantis)
Moderators

No score for this post
January 17 2014, 6:14 AM 

Gripen sounds like the logical choice, but FC-1s are a tempting alternative... stick an Elta-2032 in there instead of that Chinese piece of sheit on the Pakistani variants and an EJ-200 instead of the Russian piece of crap and it could be a formidable fighter that would still cost only half that of a Gripen...

This message has been edited by .Mantis on Jan 17, 2014 6:14 AM

WAFFer
(Login Archer54)
Soldiers

No score for this post
January 17 2014, 11:59 AM 

Elta and EJ-200 both are off limits for Pakistan and Argentina. There is no point going for this radar and Engine.
FC1 needs more powerful engine from Russia/China and maybe italian/french/better chinese radar.

Block 3 version of FC-1 should be interesting, must be on the lines of an AA fighter.

SWEET IS SLEEP TO ME AND EVEN MORE TO BE OF STONE,
WHILE THE WRONG AND SHAME ENDURE.
TO BE WITHOUT SIGHT OR SENSE IS A MOST HAPPY CHANGE FOR ME,
THEREFORE DO NOT ROUSE ME. HUSH! SPEAK LOW.

WAFFer
(Login wertGR)
Hellenic Hoplites (Greece)

No score for this post
January 17 2014, 4:36 PM 

It is a pity for a big country like Argentina not to have a decent fighter force. Presently they have a few A4K Skyhawk, subsonic and totally outdated for A-A roles. Kfir's seem like the only affordable solution and will enable them to keep pace with the rest of latin american countries. It is not F-16 but with modern electronics they can be capable in BVR and WVR scenarios.

If they loose their pilots, training and tradition in fighter aircraft then in the future it will be much more difficult to start over again.

[linked image]

Current Topic - Argentina negotiating 18 AESA Kfir Block 60  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
WAFF recommends these sites

Indian Defence Analysis      [Definitive Lapse of Reason]