<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

A Bay Area OTA solution

April 28 2004 at 10:10 AM
No score for this post
  (Login hypersphere)
Internet Users

I live in the Oakland hills. I’ve found an excellent solution for receiving all available digital OTA signals. For my first attempt I bought the highly regarded Channel Master 4228 8-bay antenna. According to www.antennaweb.org, the Sutro tower in S.F., source of almost all local broadcasts, is at 230º from my home and 14.4 miles away. The NBC signal from San Jose is at 142º, 53.3 miles away. The Channel Master is such a good antenna that by positioning it in the crawl space of my attic at approximately 180º I was able to receive signals from both cities almost all the time. But because of a unique situation here in the Bay Area, there was a better solution. All of the digital signals from Sutro are UHF signals. The NBC signal from San Jose comes on Channel 12, a VHF channel. So I got a second Channel Master 4228 and a Channel Master 0549 coupler. This device effectively separates the VHF and UHF signals from the two antennas so there is none of the usual interference that would come from having two antennas. Now all stations are coming in strongly and consistently.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Current Topic - A Bay Area OTA solution  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement