<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to West Papua board  

WEST PAPUA WILL NEVER BE INDEPENDENT

January 7 2004 at 10:29 AM
No score for this post
PNG 

I am sorry to say that but that is the fact. West Papua will never be independent. They will forever remain as Indonesia.
PNG

This message has been edited by Wantokz on Jan 8, 2004 8:54 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Einstein

Re: WEST PAPUA WILL NEVER BE INDEPENDENT

No score for this post
January 7 2004, 3:19 PM 

The only problem with both West Papuans & PNGeans (or even other Melanesian countries) is that we are NOT patriotic and extremist enough on almost all things of National or Regional interest. Such a behaviour thus goes a long way in making us 'girlie girlies', even on a sensitive issue like West Papua's independence.

Though I am a PNGean, I am myself a cautious & extreme minded thinker and I know that I can support any extremist group that would want to clear their shores of theives & greedy countries who come in form of big brothers, aid providors, neo-colnonizers, etc.

One thing that you should know is that people's determination to fight for a genuine cause is something that is much more stronger than the latest war machine that a bigger enemy can have.

Vietcongs won the war againts U.S with her superior fighting power because of the simple people's determination and fighting spirit. The same applies to the current US occupation of Iraq. U.S forgot that if a good number of Iraqi people have that zeal to fight against them, hey, bai ol i still rausim ol or even topple any puppet govt that the U.S & the West is trying to put up!

The point is, West Papuans surely have that fighting spirit..they only need assistance from concern countries to support their cause. Not from IDIOTS that does not even know what they talking about.

And to you that so call 'PNG', definitely from your comments, yu yet em wanpla blo ol girlie girlies we gun or bomb pairap tasol na pispis ron pinis lo trousers blo ol.

You haven't seen real blood shed olsem na noken toktok lo kain issue olsem. Tok about something to your simple level of understanding & reasoning.

Full support for West Papua's Independence. There will still be a day dawning when this land shall be freed and will be ruled by the Papuans themselves.

Einstein
Rock Scientist

Mama Graun

West Papua will be FREE!

No score for this post
January 15 2004, 5:56 AM 

Thank you to all who speak positively of a free West Papua. yes, God meant that western half of our island to be the one country of Papua (New Guinea or whatever name you want. We were never meant to be seperated, so why the hell has the UN dominated by US and Aistralians interests decided to do one good turn to Indoesians to keep this one Muslin happy (& not to join Gaddaffi and the likes) and to harvest the rich natural resources of this island. We have been living an American and have join the world to lipt America THE COUNTRY in the world. Yes, this world is not ours, it should be called America. While I do not condon violence, look at Saddan Husein, dugged out of a hole in the ground and the biggest terrorist is US, yes much blood has poured for motherland, many have fallen of her sons have fallen but other will live on ..viva West Papua

West Papua is the World!

No score for this post
February 8 2004, 7:18 PM 

I have read some of the postings here, but never found any constructive, encouraging, or academic in it. The world of bashing and expelling intruders is gone, today, diplomacy is the best case.
We can fight, but as along as USA, UN, and UK are silent about the issue of West Papua, nothing will be achieved but slaughtering every now and then.
What we need to do right now is help educate West Papuans living in Port Moresby and send them overseases. They can fight this war in Europea, New York, and London. This is how East Timor won their course. You cant just take up a home made gun against Indonesian army that US has funded over the years! its surely impossible.
Regards

Nona Barat

West Papua will be Free!

No score for this post
February 16 2004, 6:26 PM 

Thank you for offering to educate our brothers and sons overseas so they can fight this battle. Let me point out this is not just there battle, this is our battle of our people- of Melanesians verses Asians, of our identity, of our land of our right. Don't you know that God intended us, West Papuans and Papua New Guineans to be one island, one people and one nation. Who are these bastards to come and draw a pencil line between us, making half of us lucky by chance and the West Papuans unlucky by the designs, greed and agendas of US, Australia, Dutch etc. Lets not be divided, this battle is not over, its our battle. Now...let see what Robert Aisi can do as the new Chairman of the UN Decolonization committee.

Razu

Papuans issue

No score for this post
March 21 2004, 2:47 PM 

Well personally I think it does take violence to free Papuans. If not New Guinea will keep facing the problems that palestine is facing from Israel.

You're Rightly TRUE about WPapua won't be free, but......

No score for this post
March 21 2004, 9:49 PM 

I am in agreement, fully with your sentence below:

"The only problem with both West Papuans & PNGeans (or even other Melanesian countries) is that we are NOT patriotic and extremist enough on almost all things of National or Regional interest. Such a behaviour thus goes a long way in making us 'girlie girlies', even on a sensitive issue like West Papua's independence."

This is my belief, and this is the belief of the TPN/OPM. We are reorganising and re-enforcing our resources in order exactly meet that less-patriotic and frustrating culture of Melanesian politics. I will contact you, indeed, after we sort out things that we should do here in West Papua. I believe, our frustration is just like yours.

One point that I would like to make is that Indonesia is ACTUALLY occupying Melanesian/Papuan Soil, a colonial power still exists here. I also agree that the western powers do empower Indonesia to occupy West Papua, but at the same time, I believe that they will never, never kill the wish, aspiration, and determination for a Free and Independent Melanesia.

We Know what you mean, and of course, we are doing what we can do. I am a Koteka (Wamena) tribesman, talking to you in this board. (koteka@westpapua.net)

Anonymous

No score for this post
September 17 2004, 2:58 PM 

Response to your views regarding West Papua, yes you're right by figuring out one aspect of the struggle, but there many other ways too. What you've mentioned is seemed to undermind the OPM resistance. We should be awared that OPM and the ordinary WP died by the hands of Indonesian Military in the jungle, montains and seas of New Guinea. The strategies has to re-evaluate and readjust to come with new strategies which best for us. As part of a non-violent moment we belief that for more than 35 years been fighting with INDONESIAN MILITARY WITH BOWS AND ARROWS,and now we will take diplomatic approach as what some mentioned. That doesn't mean that our resistant group OPM will surrender or lay down their arms. The diplomatic process is also a long process and involves by lobbying across the commonwealth countries to take the issue to UN Agenda on Decolonization. The people of PNG support but our government can't support. When we say something about WP we must take initiatives to do something in PNG instead.

I hope we all can think of our melanesin brothers as start doing something different than just expect the WP to die every day while we drop our words without actions.

Thanks

West Papua Melbourne.

No score for this post
November 6 2008, 9:43 PM 

West papua will gain independece because we are not indonesian people. we are melanesian people living in the island of paradise. we wil not stop to fight for our freedom, because we belive that God will help delivered us from the indonesian colonialisme. Mipela bai kisim indepen because mipela olgeta wanpela brother tasol.

Papua merdeka,

Anonymous

No score for this post
November 9 2008, 9:41 AM 

Em tru, u guys will get your freedom one day.

mangi PNg

Anonymous

No score for this post
January 16 2009, 12:13 AM 

I 100% support your say, Eistein

Mole

PNG.. you bloody hopeless

No score for this post
January 8 2004, 1:25 AM 

WHATEVER YOU THINK ABOUT MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN WEST PAPUA.. AM SURE THEY WILL ONEDAY BE GRANTED FULL INDEPENDENCE AND THAT DAY IS NOT FAR..

True PNGean

Re: PNG.. you bloody hopeless

No score for this post
January 8 2004, 9:56 AM 

PNG would like to see her sister West Papua granted independence from Indonesia. That will be a joy to share.

Stap wantaim you West Papua for your struggle for a free West Papua.

True PNGean

poro

Re: Re: PNG.. you bloody hopeless

No score for this post
January 8 2004, 4:17 PM 

West Papua should be granted Independence by Indonesia.

We are more concerned about wars and atrocities in far away lands, while the very people with whom we share an island separated only by manmade borders are killed and abused. Their resources plundered by foreign power.
A good example is the gold being mined by big American companies - whats in it for the West Papuans??

The plight of West Papua needs more voice to echo the message to the world... we might not have a lot of oil to offer but we are people, human beings and we have suffered enough. All we ever wanted was to be free.

Xco

Good Luck!

No score for this post
January 10 2004, 6:05 PM 

Yeah! you're right!

But! Its not PNG, it's a person... he has a name! PNG is not hopeless anywhere!

No hard feelings!

xco

PNG

West Papua and Rock Scientist look alike

No score for this post
January 11 2004, 1:38 PM 

Mr Rock Scientist, who you are to say all these little crap about what I am saying here. I am simply saying, that other part of Indonesia will never be independent. They are girlie girlie like yourself from what you are saying here. Ol man, na ol gat bol, ol ino wokim wanpela samting. What do you get out of small gorilla war that has no meaning.Rock scientist, if you are concern about their cause, I recommend that you join them and do your best. See if you get anywhere.
thank you

Anonymous

Change Name!

No score for this post
January 12 2004, 9:20 AM 

Hey whoever you are who is hiding behind the blanket if I may say, u r a real coward to use the name of our country. This is a critical kind of issue you are addressing and stop jeapordising the name of the country. This is a country, a legal nation and with due respect i ask you to change your nick the next time you get in here.
What are you scared of. It's your view and we respect that but you can't be using the name of our nation to attach our brothers and sisters across. In a way, whoever u r, are implying that ur little opinion was put forward on behalf our country.
Whoever you r, i think you understand what I'm saying i ask you seriously to change ur nick, with respect for our nation.
Thanks.

Nick Lawrenson

Back off...

No score for this post
February 7 2004, 7:13 AM 

Freedom is not just about a flag. It is inside you in your mind and your soul. The filthy Indo swine and American dogs will never take away the soul of the Papua people.
Fight on my brothers.

Free Theys Eluay

Re: Back off...

No score for this post
February 10 2004, 6:47 PM 

West Papua was shortchanged by the cold war. America traded West Papua to keep Indonesia from becoming a Communist Country.
But Violence is NOT the way to go. It may take months it may take years but it does not need to take Lives to free West Papua.
I don't know much about fighting wars or the tactics involved but I know that peacefull resistance can achieve the same result with less the lives lost.
There needs to be more campaigning and talks with the greater powers.
75% of the world even it's closest neighbours are barely aware of the plight of the West Papuan People.
The more aware the world is of the atrocities and murders committed by the Indonesians the more eager they will be able to help.
I guess I'm just trying to say Violence is not the way.
Free West Papua

wrong doings

No score for this post
February 12 2004, 2:47 PM 

Indonesia will lose West Papua just like Timor and all the supporters of the Indonesia government who support ethnic cleansing will be in for the shock of their lives when they enter into the jungles of Papua. The Japs came, they ran, the Dutch came, they ran, and now it is the time for the filthy Indo dogs to put their tall in between their legs and run.

PortNumbay

Back Your FACT

No score for this post
February 26 2004, 8:19 AM 

You stated so decidedly on your title that "West Papua Will Never Be Independent" and then you go on and say "that's the fact." If this is your opinion, I would have no problem with what you're saying, however, since you stated that this is the fact, would it much trouble if I ask you to prove your FACT.

nonabarat

Araise All You Sons of Land

No score for this post
July 23 2004, 4:55 PM 

Araise all you sons of this land!
Yes all you sons of West Papua
All you sons of mother Melanesia
All you whose mothers blood was poured one her
From her soil she the milk of your pride
You who claim here as your heritage
Stand up now!
March forward, there is no time to waste

Araise you sons of this land
Stand up against all
Stand and save here before its too late

For I see this country breaking
From Sankamp to Sandaun
Over land and heritage
Yes they will raise

For many have had enough
Watching their land being destroyed and woman raped
They watch as a few pollies and their cronies steal from them, exploite their resources and make themselves rich beyound dreams.

Araise all you sons of this land...timke has come.

west papuan meri

Re: Araise All You Sons of Land

No score for this post
August 4 2004, 7:02 PM 

pls we don't need more war. i know we want indoneasian solders outta west papua. but we don't need to stoop to their level and start fighting like them. killing ppl like it doesn't matter. i know it sounds useless not to fight like east timor. but look what happened in the process of gaining independence a lot of them were killed. we don't need anymore deaths, and one day hopefully the next president of indo will grant us indeendence. let's just be happy with what the lord has given us each other and our beloved homeland. i have not ever been there. but i know what my father tells me. its bueatiful

Papuan blood

Get real West Papuan Meri

No score for this post
September 15 2008, 8:15 AM 

I think West Papuan Meri and her family will soon join the Indonesians like Franzalbert Joku and his family. After his father and others fought the Indonesians bitterly for years, he has renounced his PNG citizenship and gone back to Indonesian.

What is your ultimate aim in life Ms West Papua?. Are you going to sit and wait for God to pour it down from the sky or are you going to use your intelligence and get this over be a free people as God wants you to be.

Stop fooling yourself West Papua Meri, "what is life if one can not lay it down for the service of his country?". You are gutless, just stay in PNG , marry a stupid fool who will give you his land and live happily ever after and don't talk about being a West Papuan. Get real woman, you are not a fighter so stay in hiding.

True proud West Papuan blood runs in some too.

meri west papua

Re: Get real West Papuan Meri

No score for this post
July 20 2009, 7:20 AM 

you know nothing about me- how dare you. I may not have been back and just becuase i am a pacifist it doesn't mean I don't protest in my own ways. If a person can sleep at night then the protest fits. Yes there has been a struggle in west papua for many years my father cannot return because of it. I dont think it wise to bicker amongst each other when there are greater enemies in the world today.
You're very bitter to insinuate that I don't care about my blood and the many that have lost their lives. I do care and I protest for a better life for my family that lives in west papua!
You may call me what you like- but wars get you nowhere- Germany: hyperinflation, vietnam: landmines that mutilate people today, former-yugoslavia: mass graves and continued conflict between former slavic states, iraq: rising of shiats and sunnis, pakistan-afgan border: 15000 displaced people!!! The list goes on!!!

I stand by being a pacifist and i stand by peace- i take comfort in the idea that the lord has a plan.
Papua will be free in its own time and when we are truely ready!

MERDEKA!!!!

Angel

Love

No score for this post
September 2 2004, 9:47 AM 

When I look at West Papua I feel really sad inside. TO know that they are bound... I think - what if we (PNG) were?
I really wish West Papua would gain Independence. I never hear much about them, the people, what happens... and I'm only next door (PNG). It would be awesome to just take a flight from POM to anywhere in West Papua for a vacation... or if the individuals could travel freely to our country. I love them because I feel connected, and I guess... all the way from here, I feel there suffrage.
Lots of Love to West Papua.

Che Lives!

Intensify the Struggle

No score for this post
September 5 2004, 3:18 PM 

Intensify the battle, get more refugees across the border and across the Torres Straights. Only when more blood is spilt, and more disasters are created will the world recognise our struggle.

Che lives

meri west papua

Re: Intensify the Struggle

No score for this post
September 6 2004, 7:30 AM 

the indoneasians don't care how much blood they spill. and other countries will always be blind to what goes on in wets papua. why because, indoneasia protrays itself as one way, though others know it as another. all this bullsh*t about "guided democracy" we may need to stand up for ourselves, but we must not let anymore blod be spilled.... come one guys.. WAR IS JUST SOOO WRONG..... STOP FIGHTING IN WEST PAPUA... dont worry guys when the lord wishes us independence we will be granted independence.. and thats the truth. when the lord feels its time, it'll be time, no sooner no later.
but it shall come ONE DAY! mark my words, it shall come!

Anonymous

No score for this post
September 11 2004, 11:52 PM 

im a foreigner and im curious to know how much PNG is doing to help its neighbour to work towards independence? how much effort is put into this?

Anonymous

No score for this post
September 13 2004, 2:03 AM 

none. any west papua who flees into png seeking refugee status cos their lives are in danger. are sent to camps and then taken back to west papua.

WEST PAPUAN PNGEAN FOR JESUS

No score for this post
November 15 2004, 11:16 PM 

okay
who ever is this person who says my people will never be independent???
before GOD and all the west papuans who have died for their independence, for those who live in fear and those who are free from indonesia, how could you say such a thing.....
if i meet you one day, and i pray that GOD will bring you and me face to face; and brother, I'll tell you what GOD has in store for the future of my country.
no body will put my people down.... just you wait and see what GOD OF ABRAHAM, ISSAC AND JACOB, THE GOD ALMIGHTY, WILL DO FOR MY COUNTRY WEST PAPUA.
MY PEOPLE WILL BE FREE ONE DAY!!! I BELIEVE IT AND SO DO MANY OTHERS.
FOR YOU, YOU CAN REMAIN IN THE DARK! BROTHER GOD SAID IN HIS WORD " WHAT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR MAN IS POSSIBLE FOR GOD". WHAT MAN CANNOT DO, GOD CAN DO. SO BROTHER TAKE BACK YOUR DOUBT AND FAITHLESS WORDS ......
DONT YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON WHO DOESNT UNDERSTAND MY PEOPLE OR OUR STRUGGLE TALK NONSENSE.

WESTPAPUA WILL BE FREE IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME..AMEN IT SHALL BE SO!!!!!

PS IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU LIVE TO SEE MY COUNTRY GAIN INDEPENDENCE,YOUR EXISTENCE,IDEAS OR THOUGHTS DOES NOT MATTER, THEY WILL NOT HAVE ANY AFFECT WHATSOEVER ON WHAT GOD HAS PLANNED FOR MY COUNTRY.
AS FAR AS I CAN SEE YOU'RE JUST A MINORITY,AND MY GOD WILL DEAL WITH THE LIKES OF YOU.....

PNGean

Wes Papua Will Gain Independence One Day !!!!

No score for this post
November 16 2004, 11:25 AM 

Yes it will.

Trutru PNG!

We are PNG Westernised Melanesians!

No score for this post
November 16 2004, 12:24 PM 

Yumi olgeta PNG ya...yumi Westernised Melanesians! We dont even want to talk about West Papua as if it is on the other side of the World. But talk abouyt Iraq and everybody knows about it! Why??? Because yumi kamap aninit long influens blo Western Media na Western education na nau yumi kamap olsem black man ausait tasol waitman insait!
No wonder we will never as a nation support West Papua!

Our leaders are more worried about getting economic benefit from Indonesia ... and that benefit is coming from West Papuan peoples resources! We dont even acknowledge that our brothers and sisters are being killed so we (PNG) can benefit from their deaths!
Come on PNG...wake up and take notice...not only that...TAKE ACTION!

If a small country like Vanuatu can raise the West Papuan case at the UN ... what a shame for PNG when we wont even raise our hands at the UN to support Vanuatu? Not even to support the refugees who keep pouring in from West Papua?
Yumi educated lain stap skul nabaut ya...yumi mas soim na lidim wei..

Why are we still sleepin??? You think we are independent? NO WAY! We are as dependent on the Western Powers as the West Papuans! Dont lie to yourselves!

FREE WEST PAPUA!!!

Anonymous

Re: We are PNG Westernised Melanesians!

No score for this post
November 17 2004, 10:38 AM 

We are not fully Westernized,or either Melanesian PNGans, we are a confused generation. We are braind-washed by those who colonised us and in this neocolonial period we are not free to take West Papuan issue.

Before you talk about West Papua you just imagine what is happening in our own societies example, like if you are an elite class or economic advantage you seem to forget your own people. Colonialism or neocolonialism is the same. Before thinking of West Papua think of yourselves too. When PNG is going to get its second independence????

west papua meri

No score for this post
November 19 2004, 6:18 PM 

firstly...dude png has been ignoring west papua for too long.... i mean some pngeans treat west papuan's as aliens.... one of my uncles who worked as a manager for a comany (i wont mention its name) was fired because they wanted a true pngean to run that company. and what happened to that complany (it may be still running today, but by golly gosh its disgusting).....

amd secondly why are you blaming colonialism for "brain-washing" you. you're one ungreatful little person (i do not wish to swear at you. cos it would be a waste of my words and my time) you're a true pngean you know why. you blame others for your problems and instead of taking the helping people. you would be happier (or should i say prefer) to let other ppl do all the work.

I grew up in png (though i come from west papua and europe) i love png. but we are all the same race. what chance has west papua got if its own closet neighbour won't even help her. no country is self standing. we all need support from somewhere. even the usa has support from the UK and vice versa. no country can exist entirly on its own. and png's 2nd independence.... you know what parliments first order of business was when we gained indepencedence.... it was MP's salary increases.... yes it was. so we were corrupt even before we began. we were taught to think of only ourselves first and then put others behind.
if the lord did that we would not be here today, we would not be able to say the lord died so you and i can live! PNG claims to be a christain nation, but why are we then ignoring west papua like it doesnt even exsist. huh? putting ourselves first.. by not supporting aren't we supporting indonesia's strong hold, supoprting viloence, supporting exploitation and supporting a kind of dictatorship (disguised as guided demeocracy) i mean we all know what happened in 1969 with the FASE elections. we now know the US government was also in on it. why? they were scared of dictators!

SO WHY???? PNG PUT SOMEONE ELSE IN FRONT OF YOU. YOU WON'T GAIN ANYTHING ECONOMICALLY, BUT YOU'LL GAIN SOMETYHING MROE THAN THAT. YOU'LL GAIN THE SATISFACTION THAT YOU HELPED A COUNTRY THAT'S AS ECONOMICALLY BAD OFF AS YOURSELVES. SET THE BENCHMARK FOR THE THE DEVELOPED COUNTRIES WHO CHOOSE TO TURN A BLIND EYE. BECASUE THEY ARE NOT AFFECTED BY THIS WAS OF 40 ODD YEARS! PNG IS DIRECTLY AFFECTED. BUT PNG CHOOSES TO SEEM NOT TO BE. AND YOU KNOW WHY... IT ALL COMES DOWN TO GREED!

Anonymous

No score for this post
November 23 2004, 9:51 PM 

My friend you really need to look at it from every direction. this issue is happening every where and from history it has been achieved in few instances. At the moment I wish you good luck and just hope you achieve what you are thinking of in your life time. If it is not then pray your children , grand children will. This is all part of colonialism. Even those who were behind it want to reverse it but the question is how many cases are there in the world. For sure every case is different and your case is very different.

Em nau

Just my thoughts. I wish you get what you want.

No score for this post
November 29 2004, 10:19 PM 

KAMA

READ THIS PLEASE...yes, let freedom be in West Papua.

No score for this post
September 28 2005, 2:07 AM 

We all have a task to play...to save Papua New Guinea as well as West Papua.

It is not new that PNG is branded that way; as bad as uncivilized, carnibals, pigs, murderers, and even the worst names you can think of. The simplest reason for that is that our media, especially Post Courier and The National can not keep / throw away such negative news because they want to maximise profit.

On the same token, many people in the world have yet to know about PNG even intellectuals do not know where the hell PNG is located on the world map. Many times, PNGuineans that are travelling overseas have to sweat their guts trying to explain about the country and the good things while the media on the other hand, reveals the bad things. What a contradiction? Countries like Australia and US are still as worse as PNG; take New York, it's filled with robbers and looters and rapists and the list goes on. In Australia, Australians are smiling to the world saying that it's The Australian Way, yet Australia being the only racist nation in the world. Aboriginese are treated badly, other blacks and refugees as well as Muslims are treated harshly. However, they don't put such on the media very often. All they have is the goodies that that have to offer to the world; for tourism, investments and very much, the national image.

PNG has much to offer to the world; being rich in many, many aspects. All we have to do is to create positive image and awareness at the global level which only requires our collective efforts, from; the citizens, government, NGO's, the MEDIA and of course with the use of the most effective tool; the internet. Our very few websites like, PNG Tourism Promotion Authority and the others have come up with some good websites but are still low in quality and the capability of creating a maximum positive image. I am sure PNG is on its way... but our country needs our help - yes from individuals and groups. Despite everything, may God bless this wonderful land...the island of New Guinea.

Olsem liklik tingting blo mi,

Manki PNG tasol full supporter blo Independence blo West Papua...

Pythagoras

Freedom Makes the World Go Round

No score for this post
October 28 2005, 1:02 AM 

All I can say is that the West Papuans have my support and the support of everyone i know. One day our neighboring brothers will stand strong, even if the United States, the United Nations and Indonesia sap them of all their natural resources. Every West Papuan I know is strong and intelligent so I know their freedom will be granted. God Bless you all and I hope you throw the "Act of NO choice" back in the Indonesians faces.

confused

why is freedom not free?

No score for this post
October 28 2005, 7:57 PM 

Saw that on a sticker somewhere and was actually pondering the quote "why is freedom not free?"

I know what the price is.

No score for this post
October 29 2005, 5:19 PM 

Well confused,
freedom may not be free, but I know what it price is.

Someone once said. "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Look at what the Australian Government is doing in the name of "The War Against Terrorism". At the moment they can make you legally disappear, and any journalist who reports on such an event, can be jailed for seven years. Even when you have got your freedom, you have to work hard to keep it.

Votaire (my favourite philosopher) said in the 1800s. "The passing of laws that inpinge upon the freedom of the average person, to curb the acts of one madman, will never succeed."

Free West Papua......Ralph.

Belhat

WEST PAPUA IS MELANESIA

No score for this post
October 29 2005, 6:13 PM 

West Papua is Melanesia and will always be Melanesia regardless of Indonesia claims and use of loopholes in the international laws and systems to maintain questionable claim over the half of big island of New Guinea.

God had given every race or tribe a piece land to settle on thie earth and gave the island to us including PNG and West Papua. That is why biologically and culturally PNG and West Papua are same.

Therefore is a FACT any person, government or parties for that matter denying West Papua freedom and soveriengty will live with it. Any Melanesian not supporting the West Papua's cause will live with guiltiness.

While PNG and Indonesia's foreign relations can be respected the West Papua's issue must be looked into by the United Nations.

SUPPORT WEST PAPUA! SUPPORT FOR MELANESIA.

(For you infor. we a biggest race in this part of the world and need some recognition and that would come through coorperation).

Belhat

XXL

Freedom was never free according to history

No score for this post
September 15 2008, 1:46 PM 

If West Papuans think they will someday gain their independence by waiting for the world to come to their rescue, then they'll be hoping forever. The world's focus is now on Terrorism, Energy and Crude Oil, Green House gas emissions and climate change, etc. The most opportune time for West Papuans to make their case in the global arena and hope for the world to come to their resuce was in the late 70s and 80s era where the world was focused on spreading democracy in the cold war race against USSR and when trading agreements were based on a nation to nation basis. Today with Indonesia a big trading market and partner to such trading blocks and organisations as the APEC, ASEAN, etc, countries including PNG and Australia will hesitate to push strongly for West Papuan Freedom inorder to protect their economic interests.

From personal opinion, I think this leaves West Papuans with only one strategy. West Papuans will achieve the freedom they dream for if they strongly pursue the 2 pronged approach demonstrated by the East Timors. While the mass majority of the population held demonstrations, boycotts and sometimes civil unrest, on the diplomatic front, they had a person of calibre in their 1st president who pushed their independence agenda on the global level in the United Nations and Foreign Countries. In this sense freedom may cost alot of lives but that will be the price West Papuans should be willing to pay. East Timor, South Africa, Black freedom in the US,the breakaway republics of the former USSR, all these paid for their freedom with some sacfices to life.
But on the other hand, this is the only way West Papuans will grab the world media attention away from issues of terrorism and climate change and focus attention on the West Papuan cause. If a small island of East Timor can do it and succeed, there is no reason why West Papuans cannot. The very fact that East Timor succeeded should be a good sign for West Papuans to imitate but one wonders why it is taking them so long to follow suit when the east Timor experience is still fresh in the minds of everyone. I've been to West Papuan cities and towns and all I see is people who are not Asian in origin but struggling to live Asian lifestyles and that causes a big contradition to their culture and tradition.

Anonymous

TETAP MERDEKA!

No score for this post
September 23 2008, 5:50 PM 

You are one of the ignorant people who contribute to the fact that West Papua is still not free today. People have died for many decades, generations and generations of families have ceased to exist because of the plight for freedom.You obviosly still don't understand and appreciate your 33 years of independence if you are a Papua New Guinean. Some West Papuan families toiled through tough times and still do while you abuse your freedom. These families may not be fighting on the front line for freedom but they perservered unbearable times where they had to struggle for education. Some of these families chose this blessed, free country as their settlement place in the hope that they're academic effort will one day be used as a building block for a free West Papua but sadly they have come and lost their lives and will never see that freedom they dream of and that they experience in this country.
West Papua is raising a new breed of freedom fighters that you haven't dreamed off. These warriors are those West Papuans who can only imageine what their forefathers went through to see independence. These freedom fighters are those West Papuans living outside West Papua. They are the ones who have barely tasted their West Papuan lifestyles and only rarely set foot on their homeland and only as a visitor. Beside these people tied to their nation only by blood are those who are West Papuan by RIGHT. These are those brave Papua New Guineans who deny their own culture and identity to claim themselves as West Papuans and join the fight for freedom because they are West Papuans but only HEART. This qualifies them and proves them any more West Papuan than those West Papuans who are just as lazy and ignorant as you are. These are the people that will see West Papua to freedom. We applause these people for their deeds to come because in this busy time for the world they will bring independence. Freedom will come and the world will witness it unlike every other country in the world who gained their independence and the rest of the world never saw but only heard of.

The West Papuan fight for independence and that sweet day of freedom is the story that you will be telling your children, their children, and their children's children about.
Credit to you for not being COMPLETELY ignorant coz you even took the time to say what you think about it. ISN'T THAT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR STORY ALREADY WRITTEN DOWN FOR YOU? Thank you for your contribution to the fight for West Papuan independence!

TETAP MERDEKA!

Anonymous

Re: TETAP MERDEKA!

No score for this post
September 24 2008, 10:44 AM 

Teptap Merdeka, you must be on some drugs. You are never gonna get independence without the attention of the world. What are your educated elites doing now to gain that attention? I tell you what, they are busy enjoying their privilledges while their people are suffering in West Papua. Most of your top people in West Papua are also on the Indonesian government payroll so their soul has been bought.

Papuan by HEART

WE WILL ACHIEVE

No score for this post
September 25 2008, 1:13 AM 

We are being granted autonomy by the Indonesian government and the only way we can prove to them (the Indonesian Government) is by showing them that we are capable of running our own country by producing intellectuals...and i don't mean people who sleep at the back of the police station at boroko and do nothing..How will UN or other organizations listen to you when all you have are old men still talking about the same old ****???? Its about time West Papuans produce highly qualified intellectuals so that UN can look up to and say that "Oh, finally they have enough men (Intellectuals) to run a country?? Who said they would wanna help people who just laze around and do nothing??

nona manis

Re: TETAP MERDEKA!

No score for this post
September 30 2008, 10:56 PM 

Just so you know PNG is independent (although it dosn't seem the case)but is NOT recognized by the world, the day the world recognizes PNG as and independent nation give me a call.
Watch us! The day we get independence is the day the world WILL recognize West Papua.

Kumul

Cowards is your Middle Name, TETAP MERDEKA

No score for this post
October 1 2008, 2:04 AM 

Dream on and maybe you will break the record for having a never-ending dream. PNG got recognized in so many things that it seems you haven't woken up from your dreaming yet.

Just accept the fact that you are all a bunch of cowards who can never fight the Indonesians like what the tiny island of East Timor did. Grow some balls Tetap or have one surgically implanted if you don't have any.

I tell you if Indonesia had taken the whole island of New Guinea instead of just your Western part, I guarrantee you that people from Our side would have led the struggle and we would all have been Independent when you were just a kid sucking you mama's breasts. But sadly, the Australians saw us as good folks while as for you guys, your cowardice did not inspire the Dutch so they dumped you into the hands of Indonesia.

Your girls and woman are selling themselves as prostitues on the streets of Jarkarta to the Javanese who got rich from your gold and copper and yet you can't even lift a finger and challenge them. Your rebels are armed with bows and arrows and you think you can fight the Indonesian army with just these?
Your young man are getting drunk every night and not thinking about the bigger picture of a united nation. You people bring disgrace to the Melanesian identity. Now the Javanese out number your people on the land given to you by your ancestors. How will you remove them...black magic or you'll just dream them away?

You are jealous because PNG is Independent and you are not! But don't blame your failures on my country because PNG did not cause the situation you are in. You have one of the biggest jungles to hide in and use guerilla warfare so instead of letting the Javanese to log it and destroy your hiding places for beer money, why don't you step up to the challenge. The Vietnamese showed you that you don't need big guns in their jungles.

My advice to you is shut up, wrap your tail between your two legs, and just be the slave dog of the Javanese.

Indonesian Linguistic

RE: Kumul who???

No score for this post
October 2 2008, 12:35 AM 

where did you get your facts.... probably made it up in your head??? so stupid

you dont even find papuan prostitutes here in Jakarta??? none, the number of papuans here in Jakarta is probably 100 compared to the million Javanese population...gosh i think its your own people stranded here because they got no where to go...and who says the rebels are armed with boys and arrows???? they'll stick a AK-47 bayonet up your @$$.. they are bloody heavily armed..just do not know what to do now coz their leaders are still trying to address the autonomy issue...

the young man getting drunk..well thats true..but from their own pockets...unlike PNG students here getting drunk from allowance given to them by the Indonesian Goverment...so sad coz PNG Goverment can't give them money

You say that you're Independent?? why you still relying on international aid??? is that indepedent?? i don't think so!! your so pathetic.. you better choose your words carefully...
Well Kumul...if Papua were to be independent..they'd be 100 years ahead of you..the fact that your leaders are corrupt and so are you..think man..you don't have a place in this planet..
SERIOUSLY.. even Indonesians here don't know where PNG is.. People from around the world when asked "do you kow PNG?" they jut say "what's that?" so you see if we gave West Papua independence..which i beleve we will one day
they'll be more recognised in the world..and i belive that they are capable of running a transparency and corruption free goverment because they learnt alot from us..

that's all and thank you for your time

For Indonesian Linguistic

No score for this post
October 2 2008, 6:35 AM 

Dear Mr. Linguist,
it is actually "Kumul whom?".

Em tasol......Henry Higgins.

Kumul

No score for this post
October 2 2008, 10:27 AM 

If you don't know where PNG is, then that does not show how bright you are, that just shows how the Indonesians have brainwashed you guys so that you won't get the idea of Independence and since you agree with them that you don't know PNG, it also shows how Ignorant and and stupid you people are to accept this very Indonesian propaganda. Of course if you ask Indonesians about PNG, they will tell you that it is their Papua province because they don't want to give you ideas about independence and you are the dumbest person on the surface of planet earth to swallow this hard fact!

Knowing that since East Timor got Independence, you might get some ideas so they throw you the bait of getting autonomy and what do you dumb arses do?...you swallow the bait with the sinker and everything. Hope your leaders who you say are studying the autonomy issue, will not take another century to do it. Otherwise you will be dead already before you see your land liberated.

The simple question is if you want to be independent...how long will it take? 50 years? 100 years? People all over the world who want to be independent are getting it left, right and center by force or diplomacy...what are you guys waiting for...or you want to follow the steps as outlined in the Indonesian "steps to get independence manual", like autonomy first, and maybe after 100 years, then something else, and then something else, etc.

And you have the guts to talk about corruption? Just look at the latest list of the most corrupt nations in the world...you will see that Indonesia is in the top 5. PNG is not even in the top 20!
And you have former president Surharto steal not millions but billions of dollars which was uncovered recently but the Indonesians hide this and tell you that PNG is corrupt so we want you to get autonomy and do it the right way. Dumb arse, quit swallowing the yellow man's propaganda and think outside the box otherwise you will perish inside the box.

Its no supprise that the Indonesians have completely brain-washed you to the limit that you can not distinguish fact from fiction. You can't admit that your sisters are prostitutes on the streets from Jayapura to Jarkarta and every other major town in the Papua province of Indonesia. And yet, you deny that these ladies are your folks. You will forever be in a state of denial because the Javanese has his dick so far up your arse, it will be painfull if he tries to pull it out.

Papauan by HEART

Facts please

No score for this post
October 4 2008, 4:14 AM 

Kumul you should read this

from my point of view, Indonesian Linguistic is giving facts unlike you
i've never heard of anyone so dumb, talking alot of trash like you.
heres the address of the most corrupted countries in the world

http://www.importers.com/tradeblog/index.php?/archives/10029-Worlds-Most-Corrupt-Countries.html

Indonesia is in the top 3 of fraud...do you know what fraud is?
PNG is rated 15th in corruption..can you tell the difference? isn't it in the top 20? and where is Indonesia?

and oh..you must be speaking from experience having a dick up your arse, and was it painful taking it out? seriously!

how old are you?? are you even matured enough to be talking about politics?
you shouldn't be replying or posting your comments on this board because your not capable of handling
the comments. you take it too personal

P.S if you want to prove my findings wrong, well give me your source and i shall be glad to look it up

Kumul

Blinded by Javanese Cum

No score for this post
October 4 2008, 12:36 PM 

As the Indonesians have brain-washed you, you can not apply the same tactic to the free media world where everything is accessible. Are your eyes blinded by the Javanese cum also? Who taught you english in school? Its a joke really to say a Fraud is NOT Corruption! Maybe you are using the Javanese dictionary so I would suggest you get an english one and get a clear definition. I suggest you use Javanese dictionary in future only to define you silly Baha gibberrish. Below are few selected quotes from both Reliable International and Indonesian sources which prove beyond doubt that Indonesia is the most corrupt nation to the point that corruption is part of the business culture. There are millions but this is just a sample.
But the point is, if you are supporting Indonesia, by sayiong it is not corrupt, and that it is a good country, why the hell are you crying for independence? If you say that Indonesia is the best governed nation on earth (which according to statements below is not) then why are you begging the world for Independence? Why can't you accept defeat and be Indonesians, and perhaps in the process paint your skins yellow and shave your eyes so that it becomes slanted?

The HARD PROVEN FACTS ARE BELOW. READ IT AND EDUCATE YOURSELF>

In fact, in Transparency International's last survey (2003) into which countries had what corruption problems and where, Indonesian courts came second only to Peru in the worst corruption league for courts.
TIMES MAGAZINE, http://www.balibs.org/news-update/Corruption_Commission_1.shtml

http://socialistworld.net/eng/2004/06/04indo.html

In unusually blunt remarks, the World Bank's chief representative in Indonesia said in a farewell speech here today that corruption was probably the country's most serious economic problem and that he did not expect much improvement in the problem any time soon.
NEW YORK TIMES, http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9506E7D61E3CF93BA1575BC0A9649C8B63

"It's very funny," said Hajriyanto Thohari, a senior member of Golkar, parliament's main faction. "The KPK was created by parliament; its bill was passed by parliament; its members were elected by parliament. And now they're scared of it!"
He estimates around 20% of MPs are guilty of corruption or abusing power. Others put the figure even higher.
BBC NEWS, http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7547414.stm

In Suharto’s Indonesia, corruption was centralised and predictable, somewhat like that in communist Russia or South Korea. Indonesia and India were about equally corrupt. The number of bribe-takers has increased to such an extent that it is now more detrimental to economic efficiency than in the Suharto era.
http://insideindonesia.org/content/view/1082/47/

Transparency International in its second annual corruption index. The rankings are based on results from 10 surveys made by management and risk-analysis organizations as well as on information volunteered by representatives of international companies through the Internet. After Nigeria, business people ranked Pakistan, Kenya, Bangladesh, China, Cameroon, Venezuela, Russia, India and Indonesia as the most corrupt countries.
TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL, http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE0DD1F39F930A35755C0A960958260

In a grading system with zero as the best possible score and 10 the worst, the Philippines got 9.40, worsening sharply from its grade of 7.80 last year. Indonesia had been deemed Asia’s most corrupt country in 2006.
THE ENQUIRER, http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/nation/view_article.php?article_id=54661

Suharto’s salary by the time he was toppled out of office in 1999 was just US$1764 per month, yet he somehow managed to amass an estimated minimum $15,000,000,000; making him the world’s 6th wealthiest man in a nation where the average wage is not officially known (of course) but where Nike contractor worker’s earned just US 6 cents per hour at that time. How on earth did Suharto make all that money? Graft, corruption, extortion, theft! Generally in league with western governments keen to earn billions of dollars from Indonesia’s vast mineral wealth plus political anti-communist advantage in the region, while feeding their own citizens at home lavish servings of whitewashed, pious humble pie. We believe Indonesia will go all the way, that it will soon ultimately reach the bottom of the corruption index. Why? Because the effect of the anti-corruption spin and toothless inept without a mandate KPK (Indonesian Corruption Commission) is still having a positive effect on perception; but it is eroding fast in the face of reality. And the reality is it is corruption business as usual in Indonesia. The UN's former deputy director of investigations, Frank Montil, this month said that at least US$500,000,000 has been lost already from all of the money donated by the world for tsunami relief efforts; so all those well meaning people who donated yet more of their money after tax (including idiot tax) can sit back and feel warm at the fact bent officials in Indonesia have bolstered their offshore bank accounts. Mr. Montil was sent to Aceh as the senior UN corruption investigator and his frightening report just sat on the desk of the UN’s secretary-general for 8 months. As reported by us only a few weeks ago, Singaporeans joke that the number of Indonesian millionaires moving to their country doubled after the tsunami; newly created Indonesian millionaires moving that is to avoid the prospect of justice. While nearly 3 years after the tsunami, many people in Aceh are still living in yellow emergency accommodation tents without power, mains water or sewerage; the sewerage is clearly all centered in Jakarta.
BALI BROADCASTING SERVICE, http://www.balibs.org/news-update/suharto-indonesia-corruption.shtml

Kumul

To Papuan By Heart

No score for this post
October 4 2008, 12:45 PM 

If you are going to quote FACTS in future with a url address, do not ever quote from a BLOG. A blog is opinionated. Get it direct fron Reliable and established news sources and International organizations.

Your quote is from someone's blog and that proves my point in showing how you people will easily swallow another person's propaganda just like you have been swallowing the Indonesian propaganda that they have been feeding you and your parents and your grandparents over the years that you and your ancestors were begging for Independence.

help westpapua to fight.

No score for this post
January 10 2014, 5:05 PM 

we png help westpapua people to fight for freedom.

Current Topic - WEST PAPUA WILL NEVER BE INDEPENDENT
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to West Papua board