<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

One D2 ballast needed. WTB

July 7 2003 at 6:56 PM
TOM  (Login tomshen)

I'm in the process of selling my old 9006 HID kit, but one of the Hella ballast doesn't work anymore. It does not power the capsule nor making the clicking sound when turned on, it's just dead. Therefore, i want to see if anyone of you have just one ballast that you want to get rid of. A working one of course, Hella or Philips, I don't really care. Or do anyone of you know how to fix the problem, I really don't think you can fix these things though...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Anonymous
(Login ekooke)

Re: One D2 ballast needed. WTB

July 7 2003, 8:27 PM 

Did you verify that you're getting power TO the ballast from the 9006 connector?

Respond to this message   
TOM
(Login tomshen)

oh yeah

July 8 2003, 2:40 AM 

Oh yeah, that's for sure, I tried and verified power source for many times now.

Respond to this message   

DJ
(Login thisdj78)

Re: oh yeah

July 8 2003, 9:50 PM 

I have one (Philips) I'm selling for $130.........it has electrical tape around it to keep water out, also it has bare wire outputs.

Respond to this message   
TOM
(Login tomshen)

Re: Re: oh yeah

July 9 2003, 1:47 AM 

I think 130 is a little high for a used taped-up ballast.

Respond to this message   

herman
(Login herman_sho)
Forum Owner

Re: Re: Re: oh yeah

July 9 2003, 7:59 AM 

New Philips LVQ-212 ballasts are $130-160. Which should make the ones used occosional in the lab worth $80-100, the ones that also have been installed on a car at some point is worth $60-80, and the ones that has been on a car for sevaral years is worth $50-60. I have broken one (ground prong lost contact with curcuit board) and should have a value $20-30.

I'd say that any sign of oxydation, rust, tape, leftover tape glue, internal condensation, burn marks on HV plug or other visibile signs lowers value considerably.

This message has been edited by herman_sho on Jul 9, 2003 8:00 AM

Respond to this message   

Josch
(Login JustHitADeereWithHID)
moderators

Re: Re: Re: Re: oh yeah

July 9 2003, 10:40 AM 

I just bought a PAIR of Hella ballasts off eBay for $200 and $15 shipping. And they are new (from a US seller).

Respond to this message   
TOM
(Login tomshen)

Yep

July 10 2003, 1:33 AM 

Well what the guys justified my point. So does anyone else have one?

Respond to this message   
TOM
(Login tomshen)

Yep

July 10 2003, 1:52 AM 

Well, what the guys said justified my point. So does anyone else have one for sale?

Respond to this message   
TT
(Login jdmze)

Re: Yep

July 10 2003, 3:59 AM 

Tom, I have three Hella ballasts that I brought over from Europe recently. I got them as spares, so I can part with one. They are used, from E-class Mercedes. One of my aquaintances got them for me. Said that they work, but I have not checked yet. They have standard D2 red plugs that are very clean with no sign of arcing. Full 9006 input plug with pigtails and connector into OEM wiring. On the body of the ballast you can see that they have been used. Got some darkened parts. I took some pics, but could not load them. Make me an offer via email. I am in Western Canada.

Respond to this message   
mamamilk = Jackk
(Login mamamilk)

I got a new ballast for sale

July 10 2003, 6:37 PM 

Hello, I have a brand new one laying around as a spare and in perfect condition. Shoot me a mail and make if an offer if you are up to it. Thanks

Respond to this message   
TOM
(Login tomshen)

Re: I got a new ballast for sale

July 10 2003, 6:44 PM 

A brand new one is nice but I'm not looking to pay too much for this, it's not even for myself.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Direct link to FAQ