<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Auxilliary Low Beam Options

November 1 2003 at 2:04 PM
Maxx  (Login Maxximtl)

I am looking for an auxiliary low-beam light for my 96 200sx Se-r. So far, the only two lights that have come up are the Hella XL (unavailable) and the Sylvania X1010 kit (questionable.)

Are there any other options for me at this time? Everyone seems luke warm about the sylvania kit, so I don't know that I want to shell out the cash for it. I searched all over for a Hella XL kit and came up empty handed.

Is there any other way I can satisfy my goal of having an auxiliary light that I can use ALL THE TIME to supplement my low beams?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ekooke
(Login ekooke)

Re: Auxilliary Low Beam Options

November 1 2003, 2:18 PM 

The Hella XLs still show up on eBay every couple of weeks; you just have to be patient. They go for $50~$70 a set. IMO, they are better than the X1010s, but they are larger lights, same size as the more common 550. If you can't wait and are willing to pay close to retail, go here: http://www.rapidparts.com/Pages/vwc030p.html

Respond to this message   
Maxx
(Login Maxximtl)

Re: Re: Auxilliary Low Beam Options

November 2 2003, 10:03 PM 

I actually called Rapid Parts, and the XL's are not in stock. They are in the process of updating their website and having removed the discontinued items yet.

I guess I'll check Ebay for the XL's. I'd rather get the right lights vs. spending 3 times as much for an inferior product.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login hermes77)

Re: Re: Re: Auxilliary Low Beam Options

November 3 2003, 4:33 PM 

KC hilites also makes an Aux. low beam kit called the "Wide beam LX2" they are really cheap $$$ and they do a really good job and they are physially smaller than the Hella XL kit

Respond to this message   
Richard Van Iderstine
(Login Mr108)

Re: Auxilliary Low Beam Options

November 5 2003, 7:37 AM 

How about an H4703 (92x150 mm size) or an H4351 (55x135) sealed beam, lower beam headlamp. Housings are available for the H4703, and may be available for the H4351, also.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Maxximtl)

Re: Re: Auxilliary Low Beam Options

November 5 2003, 12:52 PM 

I spoke to Hella about the issue, and finally decided on the Micro DE with the Fog beam pattern. For my application it seemed to offer the best performance as an auxiliary low beam. I am doing the install this weekend, so we will see how it all turns out.

Thanks for the help!

Respond to this message   
Warren
(Login warranty)

Hella Micro DE

November 5 2003, 11:21 PM 

Would you be able to take some pictures of the halogen micro DE fog beam pattern after you install them? I'm actually quite curious to see them in action.

I looked at the Hella website's light tunnel picture of the halogen micro DE foglamp results, but the picture looks a little "doctored" to me. Isn't the light way too bright and too evenly distributed compared to all the other Hella fog lamps? A little hard to imagine, that's all.

Respond to this message   

herman
(Login herman_sho)
Forum Owner

Re: Hella Micro DE

November 7 2003, 12:28 AM 

miro De foglamp has outstanding power and even-ness across the beam. What it lacks, is reach, but that is the hole point. It is a foglamp - they don't have reach. In fog you cannot see far unless you use radar.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Direct link to FAQ