<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

clean inside PIAA lamp/reflector

June 14 2004 at 10:43 PM
  (Login kkmike)

How can I clean the inside of my PIAA light housing - the reflector and inside of the lens? When a bulb burnt out, it left white powder residue. I tried sticking a pencil with a paper towel in the hole where the bulb goes, but that just doesn't cut it. Can I use soap & water or some other solvent and shake it around to rinse it out?

Thanks,
Mike

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login porsche2nr)

soap and water

June 15 2004, 2:22 AM 

if u use soap and water make make sure its distilled or boil it first to get all the stuff out or else u'll get water spots.

Respond to this message   
mike
(Login kkmike)

Re: soap and water

June 15 2004, 3:20 PM 

I gave that a try, used distilled water, then a hair dryer to evaporate any moisture left. It dried up without any water spots, but the reflector is still cloudy. I guess soap and water can't cut whatever the powder is. If I could just get a finger in there to wipe it, the stuff comes off.
Any other ideas? Should I try a solvent, maybe alcohol or dmso?

Respond to this message   

(Login porsche2nr)

Re: soap and water

June 16 2004, 1:39 AM 

u could try alcohol, um is there anyway to take the lense and glass apart? maybe the oven trick will work. my only reason to stay away from rubbing alcohol is i use that to clean my chrome plated plastic trim rings for my headlight, and the chrome came off... if its a good chrome job which it should be being its made by piaa, i see no problem, i cleaned my projectors with it too...

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - clean inside PIAA lamp/reflector
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Direct link to FAQ