<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Condensation effects on HID bulb

February 8 2005 at 9:47 AM
(Login jonl1975)

Will having condensation in my headlight effect my HID bulb in any way? I performed a search on the forum however I could not find anything that directly relates to the effects condensation may or may not have on the bulb.

Thanks=)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Shaker
(Login Shaker666)

Re: Condensation effects on HID bulb

February 8 2005, 11:58 AM 

If the bulb gets hot, there is certainly a potential of damaging it with enough steam from condensation.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login jonl1975)

February 8 2005, 2:17 PM 

Will this be any different when compared to a halogen bulb?

Respond to this message   

ekooke
(Login ekooke)

February 8 2005, 2:36 PM 

A halogen bulb would likely just burn out under those conditions; an HID capsule could explode, due to the internal pressure of a fully-ignited capsule.

Respond to this message   

herman
(Login herman_sho)
Forum Owner

February 9 2005, 2:23 PM 

how much condensation are we talking here?? If its just slight condensation covering less than 5-10% of front glass, it should not have any impact on bulb. But if u do have a crack that are the root to this disaster, it better to fix it sooner than later.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login jonl1975)

February 10 2005, 12:56 AM 

Thanks!

Respond to this message   
Shaker
(Login Shaker666)

February 10 2005, 12:54 PM 

Since the HID bulbs run at lower temps, I would think they would survive condensation a bit better than halogens. I've had halogens literally explode because they get very, very hot. Either way, I think both will explode if subjected to excessive moisture and begin to generate steam.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Direct link to FAQ