<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

chances of being pulled over for projector flickering?

March 2 2005 at 9:09 PM
  (Login brwong)

i've posted this same question over at hidplanet as well. but would like to get some opinions from you guys too.

for those interested in seeing the pix, there's a topic in this forum under d2s and h9 bulb measurements? hella 90 also.

*cut and pasted from hidplanet's post*

previous to this attempt, i was not too nervous when a cop drives by or makes a left turn (going the opposite direction )just after passing me. cuz the colour band was much narrower and thinner. but after this tweaking, everytime a cop passes me... i go all white knuckle on the steering wheel. ok, please don't flame me for this...

here in canada, at least with my experience, cops could confiscate items that they deem illegal on the spot. i use to have a lightly tinted license plate cover, but the cop told me to take it off on the spot and give the plate cover to him. it would suck if i loose all the investment and time and have to pass the retro to them.

now the reason i tweaked the projectors was to widen the beam pattern (moved the capsule further in). i was successful at both widening the beam pattern and getting the nice sharp cutoff. with that also came the flickering from the sharper cutoff and thicker colour band. my car being lowered, adds to it with every little valley and bumps on the road.

wondering if any of you's have been pulled over from flickering? especially those in toronto area. thanks guys, for calming my nerves.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

herman
(Login herman_sho)
Forum Owner

Re: chances of being pulled over for projector flickering?

March 4 2005, 7:52 AM 

I wouldn't worry too much... Don't you have lots of other projector hid based cars in your neighburhood, so that u will kinda fall into the crowd?

I used to have a missing front plate and bracket on my old SHO, and the cops could look around the front of my HID equipped SHO for 20min searching for license plate bracket, without saying a word about some totally custom headlights, which is right in their face!

Respond to this message   

(Login brwong)

Re: chances of being pulled over for projector flickering?

March 4 2005, 8:01 PM 

that is true herman... i'm just nervous that if they do pull me over, i might up having to surrender my retro. all the efforts and money gone in a flash. i hate to go back to stock light. it just plain sux... there's just no E code halogen lamps available for my car... like the h6054 i just converted to E code.

anyways, thanks for claiming my nerves!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - chances of being pulled over for projector flickering?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Direct link to FAQ