The Herb Society Forum (UK)

“There's more to herbs than just green leaves.”

Return to Forum Index  

artesmia illegal to grow?

January 1 2006 at 4:26 AM
ruby 
from IP address 65.31.90.91

Response to Moroccan Tea?

I have an acre that has been taken over by artesmia absinthe type. I had a very tough time getting it hacked down last fall( about 4 ft. high and dense). I have no idea how it started in my fields.

If I was in it long my mind got confused and disoriented.It is very fragrant and has a strong odor. Later when I was told it was the type they use to make absinthe the drink.

I wondered if there was someone I could sell all those plants to.It has been very costly trying to keep it hacked down. You say it is illegal to sell this plant in the U.S.? How do you know that? Will I get fined or something because it is growing here and I am having a VERY tough time getting it out of my horses fields. Thanks for any responses and happy new year !

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Artemisia-good or bad Jan 3, 2006, 10:58 AM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This is the forum of the Herb Society (UK), the place to discuss all aspects of herbs including their uses, cultivation, history, legislation and much more. Run by and for the Herb Society (UK) and open to anyone to read, but posts will only appear once approved by a moderator.

Please note that the Forum Host and Moderators reserve the right to delete any entry which is considered to be inappropriate for this forum, its members and the Herb Society as a whole. IP's of spammers will be blocked.

The Herb Society is not qualified to provide medicinal advice. Useful contacts for such advice can be found on our contacts page. Officers and Council Members of the Herb Society (UK) accept no liability for any harm, damage, or illness arising from the use of plants mentioned or described on this forum.