“There's more to herbs than just green leaves.”

Return to Forum Index  

Richard Lawrence Hool

October 22 2008 at 4:34 AM
kevin brown 
from IP address 124.157.152.189

Response to Re: Richard Lawrence Hool

Hi Debs,
I am glad this post provoked some interest.Look forward to your list of books.I am browsing through a few old ones and shall post a list shortly.

One of the things that fascinates me about the old books is the absolute confidence that comes through in the writing.

I mentioned in a previous post that I was looking through old commercial directories on line.Anyway in an 1880's Kelly's Directory of Devon I came across an advertisement for a Plymouth herbalist W.H.Box,quite adamant that his pills cure legions of diseases.Actually this is another old firm that still survives,it was absorbed into Rickard Lane's another old Plymouth firm.The history can be found on their website.

Kevin

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: Richard Lawrence HoolAnthony George Lyman-DixonOct 22, 2008, 10:04 AM
  Re: Richard Lawrence HoolDebs CookOct 22, 2008, 4:53 PM
   Re: Richard Lawrence HoolAnthony George Lyman-DixonOct 22, 2008, 7:06 PM
    Richard Lawrence Hoolkevin brownOct 23, 2008, 8:48 AM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This is the forum of the Herb Society (UK), the place to discuss all aspects of herbs including their uses, cultivation, history, legislation and much more. Run by and for the Herb Society (UK) and open to anyone to read, but posts will only appear once approved by a moderator.

Please note that the Forum Host and Moderators reserve the right to delete any entry which is considered to be inappropriate for this forum, its members and the Herb Society as a whole. IP's of spammers will be blocked.

The Herb Society is not qualified to provide medicinal advice. Useful contacts for such advice can be found on our contacts page. Officers and Council Members of the Herb Society (UK) accept no liability for any harm, damage, or illness arising from the use of plants mentioned or described on this forum.