Welcome to the Herb Society Forum

The Herb Society Forum (UK)

“There's more to herbs than just green leaves.”

Return to Forum Index  

Sheeba for moroccan tea

March 26 2012 at 7:51 PM
Sebastien Lefevre 
from IP address 78.230.153.176

Response to Sheeba, Moroccan tea - Wormwood ?

Hello,

what moroccans call sheeba is Artemisia arborescens.
I can tell you that because my wife is moroccan from Oujda and in winter, when fresh mint is not available, they use sheeba instead. They prepare green tea as usual, but instead of adding fresh mint in the tea pot, they serve the tea in glasses and present a glass with small branches of sheeba, they take one and stear the tea in the glass with the branch. Depending on the strength of the taste they desire, they leave the branch in the glass or not.
If you are sure everybody likes it, you can of course put one or two branches in the tea pot but the tea can turn bitter if you leave it for too long.
I hope this will help you despite of the time that has past ince you posted your messages.
Be careful though, this plant is of the same family as absinth ...
It may have abortive properties.
Here is a link to an online french gardenshop, just to give you an idea of what it looks like.
I bought mine in a garden shop close to my house.
http://www.jardindupicvert.com/4daction/w_partner/armoise_arborescente_little_mice_artemisia_arborescens.9904aj?utm_source=aujardin&utm_campaign=boutik&utm_medium=catalog

Best regards

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This is the forum of the Herb Society (UK), the place to discuss all aspects of herbs including their uses, cultivation, history, legislation and much more. Run by and for the Herb Society (UK) and open to anyone to read, but posts will only appear once approved by a moderator.

Please note that the Forum Host and Moderators reserve the right to delete any entry which is considered to be inappropriate for this forum, its members and the Herb Society as a whole. IP's of spammers will be blocked.

The Herb Society is not qualified to provide medicinal advice. Useful contacts for such advice can be found on our contacts page. Officers and Council Members of the Herb Society (UK) accept no liability for any harm, damage, or illness arising from the use of plants mentioned or described on this forum.