The Herb Society Forum (UK)

“There's more to herbs than just green leaves.”

Respond to this messageReturn to Forum Index
Original Message
  • Need help with herbs seasons please.
    • Jay Quayle
      Posted Apr 29, 2010 9:58 AM

Hello,

I'm writing a forum post in the hope that you wonderful people who have a lot more knowledge then me can help me (flattery can get you everywhere? I sure hope so!)

I currently work for a cookery school in Buckinghamshire as a designer and the boss has asked me to make 4 seasonal charts which quickly show students what produce is in season (fish, meat, fruit & veg, but I've also added mushrooms and herbs).

My boss used to be the Chef Director at La Manoir cookery school and whilst there he managed to amass a wealth of data on seasonality. However that info is now about 4 years out of date (hence me creating new information).

I've managed to source a lot of information, but try as I may I've yet to find info on herbs when they are at their best (I'm creating the seasonality based on best criteria as for example Strawberries are available all year round, but best when the English season is in full swing!).
      I suspect it may be the same with herbs, though I could be wrong!

If anyone has information (or can point me in the right direction). The info needed is all your standard kitchen herbs (plus if people have info on Verbina/Lemon Verbina, Sweet Cisely, Tamsy, Elephant Garlic and Kinomi leaves it would be awesome).

Many thanks

Jay
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.