Welcome to the Herb Society Forum

The Herb Society Forum (UK)

“There's more to herbs than just green leaves.”

Respond to this messageReturn to Forum Index
Original Message
  • guest's review of Wikiherbia website.
    • flarswort
      Posted Aug 6, 2011 10:45 AM

I am not a "qualified person" in this context, merely a guest at the feast that is B.H.S. I recently discovered the Herb Society Forum, and have read all the postings back to 2002; It makes a fascinating story, all together, and so educational. I learnt a great deal, often by clicking on links, [thanks Debs] and made some serendipitous discoveries.Am saving up to join, as they say. However: I just finished reading the 'wikiherbia' posting asking for help from 'qualified people' in the B.H.S. forum, so I checked out their website. There is no 'About Us' section, with photos of actual lovely people and names as BHS. site has,so I can't say who runs it or who is involved, but a lot of the herbs listed are american. There is a 'contact us' which requires name,email,phone,website and location,from me, but as there was no satisfactory privacy statement re my info, I didn't proceed. The site is set up like a collection of databases, linked,for crossreference of info.A large list of common names of herbs,a large list of complaints [eg.hysteria, brucellosis, appendicitis, false labour pain, anal fissure.....I can't stop!] A large glossary of all herbs,symptoms,actions,chemical constituents,words used,all click-on for reference.But there is no attribution -names attached-for any info,and I wonder where it comes from, as I would disagree with some of it. I loved their disclaimer,which ended...'if you have a pre existing condition, go to a Medical Doctor.'lol,as they say. BHS. has a jolly good website,BTW. Hope I've stayed within the bounds, I'm a newbie.....a word I have to accept.[and at my advanced age!] Flarswort.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.