Welcome to the Herb Society Forum

The Herb Society Forum (UK)

“There's more to herbs than just green leaves.”

Respond to this messageReturn to Forum Index
Original Message
  • Re: Herbal medicine?

• Posted Mar 27, 2012 5:38 PM

Hi Gaz

What kind of discussion were you looking for? The Herb Society's main aim is to provide education and share interests in herbs so we have a wide selection of herb growers, interested individuals and a few qualified medical herbalists plus the local oddball like me, who does bits and pieces of everything.

If you're wanting advice on a particular condition, you can't really do that effectively on a forum, it's best to go and search out your friendly local practitioner through the National Institute of Medical Herbalist online database.

If you want to learn about herbal medicine through approved courses, this site has a list on another page. If you're wanting to make your own medicines, we can probably help you with that depending on how serious and structured you want to take. Personally I work on the "take one jam jar, shove it full of your chosen herb, chop, fill with extracting medium (vodka, honey or vinegar), podge, fill, seal, label and date" method.

I like to think of herbal medicine as complementary rather than alternative in the sense that everyone benefits from working together respectfully rather than being either or.

Best wishes

Sarah
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.