Welcome to the Herb Society Forum

The Herb Society Forum (UK)

“There's more to herbs than just green leaves.”

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  

Access Course for BSc Herbal Medicine

May 24 2006 at 6:29 AM
Alan 
from IP address 81.86.153.198

Some Forum Members may be interested to know that the 'Discovering Herbal Medicine Course' (www.newvitality.org.uk) is now recognised as an Access Course for admission to the programme for BSc(Hons) Herbal Medicine (Phytotherapy), a distance-learning degree at the University of East London
Alan

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Discovering Herbal Medicine Course

July 14 2006, 11:07 AM 

I have just enrolled on this course (eagerly awaiting study materials!). Has anyone else done the same?

Re: Discovering Herbal Medicine Course

July 14 2006, 11:43 AM 

Hi Jacqueline,
This is a new course similar to the one that was run by the College of Phytotherapy. It has been updated by Ann Walker and Alan Lakin, members of the Herb Society Council.

I did the older course and really enjoyed it. It inspired me to study the subject in greater depth, when I had more time. It may be about 20 years since I did it and have had to discard my old papers due to lack of space. I have kept my certificate though.

A very good book that would go with the course is David Hoffmann’s Holistic Herbal.

Congratulations on starting the course. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Regards, Audrey

herb Course

July 15 2006, 6:39 AM 

yes, I too, have enrolled. I have completed and had returned my first component. I am now working through the 2nd component.

It requires a lot of reading!!! but worth it. I'm especially interested in the herbs that are used in the course. I'm gradually introducing them to my own herb garden!

If you want to share thoughts, etc, Ishall be able to make contact with you.

Janet

Current Topic - Access Course for BSc Herbal Medicine  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This is the forum of the Herb Society (UK), the place to discuss all aspects of herbs including their uses, cultivation, history, legislation and much more. Run by and for the Herb Society (UK) and open to anyone to read, but posts will only appear once approved by a moderator.

Please note that the Forum Host and Moderators reserve the right to delete any entry which is considered to be inappropriate for this forum, its members and the Herb Society as a whole. IP's of spammers will be blocked.

The Herb Society is not qualified to provide medicinal advice. Useful contacts for such advice can be found on our contacts page. Officers and Council Members of the Herb Society (UK) accept no liability for any harm, damage, or illness arising from the use of plants mentioned or described on this forum.