Welcome to the Herb Society Forum

The Herb Society Forum (UK)

“There's more to herbs than just green leaves.”

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  

New Year, New Plans...

January 9 2009 at 6:01 PM

from IP address 82.19.185.47

Happy 2009 to everyone from your Council, heres to a bigger, brighter year for all of us! Last year flew by so quickly, hard to believe its now a year since I became the Society's webmistress. I do hope everyone is happy with the development of the site and the progress made so far? 2008 saw a few changes to the site, such as the ability to pay your subscription via paypal and the launch of our online shop.

2009 will see more changes both to the website and to the society with new benefits for members and our volunteers, further announcements will be made throughout the year. To begin with in early 2009 our website will be moving servers, this should go almost un-noticed to many a little downtime may occur but We'll let everyone know what to expect and when. The forum will continue to work during the move, keep an eye out for the start of the changes in early Spring. Shortly after the server move we'll be unveiling our new members only area. You'll need a password to access this area, don't worry though, once again we'll let you know how to get it and how to use it.

Our schools website will also be relaunched in late Spring, and in the Summer we'll be starting a new venture in communicating with you all by sending you an electronic newsletter inbetween the quarterly issues of 'Herbs', this newsletter will be free to all our members who provide us with their email addresses, if we already have yours there is no need to worry, but if you'd like the newsletter sending then make sure we have your email address. We'll keep you all posted as things are updated and we'll have one or two surprises to announce to.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Re: New Year, New Plans...

January 11 2009, 11:24 AM 

I thought some of you may like to take a look at highlights from 2008, just in case you missed the news page www.herbsociety.org.uk/news2008.htm. My personal favourite memories from 2008 are meeting Ben Fogle and filming with the crew of Countryfile, taking part in Herb day and Gardeners World and meeting some of our members as well as making some lovely herb mad friends, none of which would have happened had a not been a part of the Herb Society. Oh and finally getting Mercian Herb group off the ground happy.gif I'm looking forward to 2009 and know that the Herb Society will continue to improve, and that there are some wonderful things going to happen this year.

Debs

Current Topic - New Year, New Plans...  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This is the forum of the Herb Society (UK), the place to discuss all aspects of herbs including their uses, cultivation, history, legislation and much more. Run by and for the Herb Society (UK) and open to anyone to read, but posts will only appear once approved by a moderator.

Please note that the Forum Host and Moderators reserve the right to delete any entry which is considered to be inappropriate for this forum, its members and the Herb Society as a whole. IP's of spammers will be blocked.

The Herb Society is not qualified to provide medicinal advice. Useful contacts for such advice can be found on our contacts page. Officers and Council Members of the Herb Society (UK) accept no liability for any harm, damage, or illness arising from the use of plants mentioned or described on this forum.