The Herb Society Forum (UK)

“There's more to herbs than just green leaves.”

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  

Audrey Butterworth - In Memorium

March 21 2009 at 1:59 AM
Simon Butterworth 
from IP address 86.139.33.4

20th March 2009

My Aunt, Audrey Butterworth, passed away peacefully this evening after a long illness. Audrey was a rare person. Throughout her life she displayed great individuality, a strong character and great bravery in the face of difficulty. In many ways she was ahead of her time; a fully independent professional woman who took great interest in environmental issues, in non-invasive health care and in living holistically before it became fashionable. She had a long track record of challenging establishment and vested interest, and subsequent events often proved her right. She kept her keen mind and sharp sense of humour to the last.

Audrey took great pleasure in her involvement in the Herb Society over a number of years, and was proud of her role in moderating this forum. Although she has had no recent involvement in the society I am posting to inform friends who are members of the society or who use the forum. If you wish to be kept informed of arrangements I can be contacted on 07777 673561.

With warmest best wishes

Simon Butterworth

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jane Tapping

Re: Audrey Butterworth - In Memorium

March 22 2009, 12:36 PM 

Dear Simon

Audrey and I never met but exchanged a few blogs a while ago. We seemed to share a very similar outlook on life the unverse and every thing and I am very sorry to hear of her death. My very deepest condolences.

Jane

Simon Butterworth

March 29 2009, 6:45 AM 

Thanks for your kind words Jane.

Audrey's Funeral will be at Denton Cemetery, M34 6ER on Thursday 2nd April at 11am. In accordance with her wishes there will be a humanist service followed by a woodland burial.

Jim Bargates

April 3 2009, 1:20 AM 

I remember Audrey - she was absolutely lovely.

A really splendid lady.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This is the forum of the Herb Society (UK), the place to discuss all aspects of herbs including their uses, cultivation, history, legislation and much more. Run by and for the Herb Society (UK) and open to anyone to read, but posts will only appear once approved by a moderator.

Please note that the Forum Host and Moderators reserve the right to delete any entry which is considered to be inappropriate for this forum, its members and the Herb Society as a whole. IP's of spammers will be blocked.

The Herb Society is not qualified to provide medicinal advice. Useful contacts for such advice can be found on our contacts page. Officers and Council Members of the Herb Society (UK) accept no liability for any harm, damage, or illness arising from the use of plants mentioned or described on this forum.