Welcome to the Herb Society Forum

The Herb Society Forum (UK)

“There's more to herbs than just green leaves.”

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  

Kent Calling

June 1 2010 at 10:12 PM

from IP address 90.214.209.152

Hi,

I am new to the Herb Society and wondered if there are any other members from Kent. I live in Rochester and have had an interest in Herblore for quite some time. Iden Croft is my nearest Herb Nursery in Staplehurst I am planning a trip in the next couple of weeks.

Blessings
Pammie

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Re: Kent Calling

June 12 2010, 8:23 AM 

Hi Pammie,

I've been hoping that someone would have replied to you about setting up a local group. Although there has been no interest so far, I do hope you don't give up on the idea.
I started a group in Dorset a couple of years ago. Although I had had vague ideas about setting up a group, it came to fruition when I gave a talk on herbal first aid to the general public. I was approached by several members of the audiance asking if there was such a group already in the area and if not, why not. There were some members of the Herb Society there but the majority were not.
So I'd like to suggest that you consider approaching local gardening,/ flower arranging groups and asking local garden centres to display notices and see if you can stimulate some interest that way.
I did fnd that once non members joined the group, they often then also joined th HS.

Good luck and if you need any advice, please contact me.

Regards
Linda

Current Topic - Kent Calling  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This is the forum of the Herb Society (UK), the place to discuss all aspects of herbs including their uses, cultivation, history, legislation and much more. Run by and for the Herb Society (UK) and open to anyone to read, but posts will only appear once approved by a moderator.

Please note that the Forum Host and Moderators reserve the right to delete any entry which is considered to be inappropriate for this forum, its members and the Herb Society as a whole. IP's of spammers will be blocked.

The Herb Society is not qualified to provide medicinal advice. Useful contacts for such advice can be found on our contacts page. Officers and Council Members of the Herb Society (UK) accept no liability for any harm, damage, or illness arising from the use of plants mentioned or described on this forum.