The Herb Society Forum (UK)

“There's more to herbs than just green leaves.”

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  

Illustrator Needed

January 4 2011 at 3:11 PM

Debs Cook 
from IP address 80.0.149.247

Dear all

First off HAPPY NEW YEAR to all our readers and I know we have more 'readers' than typers because you shy lot tell me so! Herb Society member Sally Startup, who has written Tree Speaker and other stories aimed at children, has written a wonderful herbal story aimed at children of primary school age (key stage 1-2). For inclusion in the revamped Children's Education section of the Herb Society website as per my request in the latest issue of Herbs.

I need an illustrator who can read the story and conjure me an image or two to help illustrate the story. The illustrator will get full credit for their work and link to the artists website/contact details will be given but no payment can be made. If you know of anyone or can help yourself please get in touch with me.

In the next issue of Herbs we're starting a new section which is aimed at sharing the fun of herbs with children and projects will be added to the website. We're still looking for schools and teachers to help us expand our educational area, so again if your interested or can help get in touch.

On a personal note, sorry for my marked absence over the past few months in terms of website updates, issues of Herbal Delights and contributing to the forum, I had a lot going on in my personal life and needed to take a few months sabbatical from Herb Society duties, all fixed and back to normal now, cold aside, so normal service will once again resume. I'm already lining up new articles and content for the website and the newsletter so watch this space.

Debs happy.gif

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Les ELLIS

Illustrator needed

January 6 2011, 3:45 PM 

Debs,
was browsing the society web site and saw the illustrator needed post on the forum.
I am a professional horticulturalist currently working in the voluntary sector. I am also a cartoonist and illustrator working for The Good Life Press and Home Farmer Magazine.
If I can help email or call on 07717838393.

Kind regards,
Les

Adel

Re: Illustrator Needed

January 6 2011, 5:07 PM 

Dear Debs

My name is Adel. I am a professional Illustrator with nearly 20 years experience. I've got the original message from Ms Amanda Lee.
I am interested in helping your project.

Take Care

Adel Deeba

This message has been edited by DebsCook from IP address 80.0.149.247 on Jan 7, 2011 12:18 AM

amanda

Illustrator post

January 6 2011, 5:36 PM 

Hi - please could I be sent further details of what is required for the illustrator job, many thanks

Amanda

Debs Cook

Re: Illustrator Needed

January 7 2011, 12:20 AM 

Thank you for all your responses, it's my birthday today so I'm not 'in the office' I'll contact everyone that's expressed an interest in helping early next week.

Debs

Paul von Hartmann

Illustrator?

January 10 2011, 2:27 PM 

Hi Debs,

I would be delighted to make some sketches for your approval, if the tale sparks my imagination...may I read the story before I commit? Do you have a vision of which medium or style you'd like to see the story presented in? If you have in mind an example of a books or artists whose style you resonate with, that would help to give me an idea of how you would like to see your story illustrated.

I am the proud papa of a three year old artist. It is with Rio in my heart that I would happily conjure.

Best wishes,

Paul

sarah cunningham

very interested

May 15 2011, 1:45 PM 

Hi there
My name is Sarah Cunningham. I am nearing the end of my Fine Art degree at NCAD (national college of art and design), Dublin, Ireland.

I have attached some images so you can see what my style is, i mostly work with watercolours and black felt tip pen.
My blog address is sarahcunningham1.wordpress.com if you would like to see more of my work.

Thank you for your time,
All the best.

Sarah

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This is the forum of the Herb Society (UK), the place to discuss all aspects of herbs including their uses, cultivation, history, legislation and much more. Run by and for the Herb Society (UK) and open to anyone to read, but posts will only appear once approved by a moderator.

Please note that the Forum Host and Moderators reserve the right to delete any entry which is considered to be inappropriate for this forum, its members and the Herb Society as a whole. IP's of spammers will be blocked.

The Herb Society is not qualified to provide medicinal advice. Useful contacts for such advice can be found on our contacts page. Officers and Council Members of the Herb Society (UK) accept no liability for any harm, damage, or illness arising from the use of plants mentioned or described on this forum.