Welcome to the Herb Society Forum

The Herb Society Forum (UK)

“There's more to herbs than just green leaves.”

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  

New Herbal Haven Herb Group Starting In Derby, April 2012

February 14 2012 at 11:13 AM
Debs Cook 
from IP address 80.0.149.247

If you're local to me in the Derby area and you have nothing better to do once a month on a Wednesday evening, why not pencil a visit to the Herbal Haven Herb Group into your diary? I've been talking about doing this for a while now, and now it's time to put things into practice happy.gif I left the Mercian Herb Group in late 2010 and I dearly missed the folk who I used to meet up with once a month, but travelling to Coventry to give talks and demos began to tell on me after a while, so the idea to start a herb group local to me germinated and now it's time to plant it out and watch it grow. Sarah head who I founded the MHG with has set up Wolf's Meadow Herb Group in the West Midlands, so if you're in the West Midlands you can go to her Thursday night meetings more details to follow on her group.

The Herbal Haven Groups first few meetings will be held at my house in Sinfin, Derby using my garden and kitchen to explore the wonders of herbs, our first meeting with take place at 7pm on Wednesday 4th April, places are limited to 12 initially so if you'd like to attend please let me know to book your place.

There is no annual membership fee for the group, instead we make a charge per meeting which is £3.50 which goes towards the cost of providing refreshments, paying for guest speakers, printing handouts and for materials for our hands on sessions and later once we've acquired enough funds hire a meeting room with suitable facilities. The group will meet once a month, after the first meeting in April we'll meet on the first Wednesday of the month throughout the year with the exception of August when we'll meet on either the 25th or 26th for a group visit to a Derbyshire herb garden.
2012 Programme

Wed 4th April - Back To Basics: Growing The Herbs That Are Best For You Talk & Demo
Wed 2nd May - Edible Herbal Flowers Talk & Demo
Wed 6th June - Making Herbal Bath Treats & Cosmetics Talk & Demo
Wed 4th July - Cleaning The Home Using Herbs Talk & Demo
Sat 25th or Sun 26th August - Group Visit To Hardwick Hall Herb Garden & Picnic
Wed 5th September - Using The Herbal Harvest To Make Simple Herbal Remedies
Wed 3rd October - Spice Up Your Life: Looking at using spices in the kitchen and in the many other ways.
Wed 7th November - Herbal Crafts For Christmas: Making Herbal Scented Gifts & Decorations.
Wed 5th December - Christmas Social: Herbal Pot Luck Supper, Quiz and Herbs of Christmas Past Talk

Further information can be found herehttp://herbal-haven.co.uk/blog/2012/01/new-herb-group-in-derby-for-2012/

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Maralyn Pickup

Contact

February 26 2012, 2:29 PM 

There's no contact details?

Sarah Head

Re: New Herbal Haven Herb Group Starting In Derby, April 2012

March 1 2012, 2:09 PM 

Hi Maralyn

All you need to do is email Debs Cook by clicking on the blue name at the top right hand corner of her post. I noticed you'd asked for contact details on Deb's website back in January and she left you her email address there but maybe you haven't been back since?

Sarah

Debs Cook

Re: New Herbal Haven Herb Group Starting In Derby, April 2012

March 26 2012, 11:23 AM 

Just bumping this as a reminder the 4th of April is a week on Wednesday folks, anybody interested in coming along please get in touch places for the first few sessions are limited to 12.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This is the forum of the Herb Society (UK), the place to discuss all aspects of herbs including their uses, cultivation, history, legislation and much more. Run by and for the Herb Society (UK) and open to anyone to read, but posts will only appear once approved by a moderator.

Please note that the Forum Host and Moderators reserve the right to delete any entry which is considered to be inappropriate for this forum, its members and the Herb Society as a whole. IP's of spammers will be blocked.

The Herb Society is not qualified to provide medicinal advice. Useful contacts for such advice can be found on our contacts page. Officers and Council Members of the Herb Society (UK) accept no liability for any harm, damage, or illness arising from the use of plants mentioned or described on this forum.