Welcome to the Herb Society Forum

The Herb Society Forum (UK)

“There's more to herbs than just green leaves.”

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  

evening primrose

August 3 2012 at 7:28 PM

from IP address 86.29.178.69

Hello everyone,

I have found a load of evening primrose but cant fine anything on tincture percentages and ratios, infusing it macerating it,what part to use, in fact any information except getting the oil - which i dont want to do (also because i dont know what to do). I would be grateful for any help.

Many thanks,

Penny.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Re: evening primrose

August 20 2012, 9:24 PM 

Hi Penny,

Take a look at Kiva Rose Hardin's article on Evening Primrose.http://animacenter.org/oenothera.html. She was the first herbalist to bring evening primrose to my attention and then it self seeded in my garden so I have been using the flowers for a while.

I have made the burns honey with equal parts evening primrose and bergamot flowers and rose petals steeped for 4-6 weeks. I made an evening primrose tincture using the same method as I do for everything else - stuff a jam jar full of flowers, cover with vodka, podge with a chopstick to remove air bubbles then fill the jar with more vodka so all plant material is covered. Seal the jam jar with a screw top lid and let sit in a cool dark place for three weeks shaking ocassionally. Strain into a bottle, label and date.

I use the tincture in my grief formula sometimes when there is a digestive upset associated with the general unhappiness.

Hope this is helpful.

Sarah

Re: evening primrose

August 30 2012, 12:24 PM 

Dear Sarah

Thank you very much, i have adopted your way of making tinctures so that will be very useful.

Penny

Current Topic - evening primrose  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This is the forum of the Herb Society (UK), the place to discuss all aspects of herbs including their uses, cultivation, history, legislation and much more. Run by and for the Herb Society (UK) and open to anyone to read, but posts will only appear once approved by a moderator.

Please note that the Forum Host and Moderators reserve the right to delete any entry which is considered to be inappropriate for this forum, its members and the Herb Society as a whole. IP's of spammers will be blocked.

The Herb Society is not qualified to provide medicinal advice. Useful contacts for such advice can be found on our contacts page. Officers and Council Members of the Herb Society (UK) accept no liability for any harm, damage, or illness arising from the use of plants mentioned or described on this forum.