<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Pacific Music  

B Man Wilson brings on 'Our Song'

September 24 2004 at 2:15 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous 

B Man Wilson brings on 'Our Song'
By Tony Ligo
Posted Monday, December 15, 2003

He is well known as a member (lead keyboardist) of the local reggae sensation Naio, and now Wilson is also testing new ground as a solo artist.

In his first album titled 'Our Song', B Man introduces audience to three originals and 7 cover songs. He is produced by a regionally well known promoter from New Caledonia, Ghislain Song. "This guy is the main organiser for big time reggae stars such as Lucky Dube, Israel Vibration, Steel Pulse, Oyaba, Alpha Blondie, Slaves and Morgan Heritage to visit New Caledonia," explained local producer Jean-Marc Wong.

"I have not heard the final cut to the recording but I am as excited as everyone else, just hearing from the producer and how happy he is with the final product," Jean-Marc said.

In this first time release, B Man goes back down memory lane on cover songs such as 'Reggae Night' and 'Amigo'. The sound recording here was done by Phil Sawyer from Ultra-Tone in Central Coast, NSW, Australia who is not new to Vanuatu having worked with Naio on two of their albums, including the latest 'Sail On'.

Jean-Marc Wong is very content with Sawyer's work stating, "this is the best sound engineer I have worked with, and who is very dedicated and serious about his work."

Independent understands Phil spent three weeks in Port Vila just to do a make over of the album from scratch, something sound engineers don't normally do. "He gave advice as well as recorded, and goes out of his way to make sure artists are giving their best performance during recording sessions, " said Jean-Marc.

This is evident in 'Sail On', which proved to be the best product by any band from Vanuatu, recorded here or abroad, to date. The Noumea based promoter of Euro Desk turned producer works mainly with Tahitian musicians. "But he has heard Vanuatu reggae and believes Vanuatu has potential reggae artists in whom he is also interested," said the local producer.

The local producer of Vanuata Production also revealed that B Man Wilson's debut album was an instant hit with the producer, so much that Ghislain Song is already promising another album with this young, rising star, next year.

"Another interesting point is the fact that three young female singers feature as back up vocals in this album," said Jean-Marc. They are Laisa Boedoro, a member of the Monument Singers, and Vanuatu's female diva-Vanessa Quai."

"But the most fascinating fact is the use of sound modules to create sounds for this album. In comparison to Naio's 'Sail On', who play every instrument 'live', in this album, sounds from instruments played are enhanced through a sound module," explained Mr Wong.

So when is Port Vila getting a taste of 'Our Song' ? According to Jean-Marc sometime next week or the week after, but definitely before the Christmas and New Year celebrations kick in.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

search for ghislain song

No score for this post
January 17 2012, 10:34 PM 

Hi B man Wilson, i am from RSA i just need to know what happened to Ghislain SONG,i am looking for him pls give him my email adress and pls ask him to contact me,i once had a tour in FIJI ISLANDS promoted by him.i will very much appreciate your response.thank you

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Current Topic - B Man Wilson brings on 'Our Song'
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Pacific Music