<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Pacific Music  

CHM exploit PNG Musicians

November 29 2006 at 10:56 AM
No score for this post
Mum 

CHM studios and Raymond Chin have exploited the talents of PNG musicians for decades. The money made on the music sold goes directly into Raymond Chins pocket and nothing to the musicians with the talent.

When you buy from CHM; remember where the money goes. He gets away with it because the musicians are underpaid (or not paid at all) and he knows they don't have the funds to sue him for copyright infringement. CHM blatantly break copyright laws and should be black banned by every PNGean in support of the musicians who are being exploited.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mangi PNG

How we Speak against Chm when our messages keep getting deleted.

No score for this post
November 29 2006, 2:45 PM 

I dont understand why many peoples' messages or complaints against Chm on this board keep getting deleted by the moderator.As far as I know this is a democratic "freedom of speech" chance for the consumers or customers of CHM to speak their minds.
As a customer of chm I feel I have the right to speak out against what i feel is not right.
Remember its the customers who keep making CHM a profitable company thats why they still exist.We customers buy their products/from music albums to electronic items etc..thus keeping them exist in the bussiness industry,without us,they will simply collapse.
Let us speak our mind...the National News paper of PNG protects asian company Rhimbunhan Hijau and in here,PNGscape protects CHM.WHY?

Hitman

Do something positive.

No score for this post
December 5 2006, 11:48 PM 

hey wantok, you sound like the same guy that keeps "charging" at CHM. Dude why don't you start your own business.
Freedom of speech you are demanding for is wrong when you are deliberately trying to tarnish someone.
Remember this is a music forum to talk about the music industry,artists and music not about the electronic products CHM is selling that maybe faulty.
You obviously are spending so much time criticizing other people’s hard work on a computer so you MUST be educated. So DO SOMETHING positive. It's obvious you’re trying to tarnish other people’s hard work that they have contributed to PNG.
As a positive message to you, go do something positive and take action...stop all the typical, narrow minded way of PNG mentality. We don't live in the stone age anymore. If anyone anywhere can make a positive change in any industry here in PNG...then just do it.

Pirate

Re: Do something positive.

No score for this post
December 6 2006, 4:35 AM 

You are right, we don't live in the stone ages anymore and we can't be fooled.

If you wanna do business in this country you must comply with our laws and regulations. CDs like music artists are products of the music industry and every right thinking customer should be wary of any fraudulent music industries reaping customers or talented artists and not giving them what that is owed. Regardless of CHM or whatever music industries their products should be authentic.

The concerns that I am raising in this forum are genuine because of my experience in purchasing those products. Any fool would want to protect their employer in cheating their people. It doesn't necessitate me to have a business as businesses won't survive without customers. Customers are the source of the industries' survival.

So without criticizing genuine concerns (as is the case with PNG pollies), take concerns seriously and look at improving services. This is not the stone age period as you just mentioned. Than I'd expect you to respond like a civilized being as you claim you are with apprehension and rationality to issues.

Over to you!

Mauswara

CHM selling pirated DVDs, VCDs, Audio CDs

No score for this post
November 29 2006, 8:31 PM 

I've been a victim of Raymond Chin's pirated CDs. Talk about removing pirated CDs from the market from other sellers and CHM is monopolising the market with pirated copies.

Raymond Chin should have viewed those CDs before selling them. What a double standard. And not to mention our ICCC or whatever body that protects consumers/customers is hopelessly inefficient and useless in prosecuting fraudulent companies like CHM~

What a shame!

Ripped off

Re: CHM selling pirated DVDs, VCDs, Audio CDs

No score for this post
November 30 2006, 5:27 PM 

I truly and totally agree with that.
I bought a few DVDs and their locally produced chm cds in boroko chm shop.
The cds quality were so poor,songs music sound was so dull and one particular cd kept spining around in the cd player without any sound.
I sent it back to chm and still waiting for their feedback.
That was 4 years ago.
Iam in Australia.

7milebeach

Re: CHM selling pirated DVDs, VCDs, Audio CDs

No score for this post
December 4 2006, 4:25 PM 

Mum, the very reason Wantokz won't allow gigs by the artists who are under contracts with them to be left on this board. Even have their name mentioned here.

7mile

This message has been edited by 7milebeach on Dec 4, 2006 4:27 PM

Law Student

7milebeach you could be sue for defamation.!

No score for this post
December 4 2006, 11:12 PM 

As a law student my advice to you 7milebeach (as the moderator of this website forum) is to control the people writing into your forum.
When your forum are using people real name and company you could be sue for defamation and complaints could be directed to your ISP Server and this could seriously affect your operation. Take out those names immediately before you get into trouble.

My free advice to you is not to entertain those people who are deliberately using your music forum to make accusation and causing legal complication for your business.
This people must not be allowed to make wild accusation otherwise it will start other idiot to use your forum to cause trouble.
This is a music forum keep it strictly for music and discussion of music not politics.

Anonymous

Re: 7milebeach you could be sue for defamation.!

No score for this post
December 5 2006, 12:45 AM 

I thought students entering Law had to have at least an "A" grade in grade 12 English. Maybe the criteria has been lowered judging from the grammar of the last posting, or is it just the brain and fingers not being coordinated.

Grassroots

CHM is not selling pirated CD,VCD or DVD!

No score for this post
December 6 2006, 1:08 PM 

All you people's IP "mum","Mangi PNG,Ripped Off,Mauwara and Pirates show you are not in PNG and do not live anywhere here and yet you all are critizing and making false accusation against CHM! Let me give you all some nupela info since you don't live here.There is no pirated CD,VCD or DVD in any of the CHM outlets since copyright was introduced a couple of years ago.Where have you all been hiding the last three years! What planet do you’s come from? Planet looser or samting?Why are you’s peaking on someone who is trying to at least put PNG on the map of music and here you’s are just bloody critizising. Ol narapela line by reading na ol bai tok, mi ting em ol narapela man bagarapim tasol em ol country blo em yet woklo wokim.Upela no save wannem kain hut wok em lo wokim, na taim upela bagarapim em kaikai leg em no gutpela pasin.Sapos yu ting yu ken wokim mo betta than CHM, OK yu wokim na mipela lukim.Yum should supportim em, olsem at least yumi gat wanpela gutpela CHM they are doing a good job so keep it up. Don’t worry about them B!@#* A#@ M!@#$ F@#$%$.So sapos yu gat gutpela samting lo tokim, YOU TOKIM!But sapos yu nogat wanpela gutpela samting lo tokim PASIM DISPELA BIGPELA MAUS BLO YOU.

Mum

Re: CHM is not selling pirated CD,VCD or DVD!

No score for this post
December 6 2006, 2:28 PM 

If you were genuimely grassroots; you would object to your fellow PNG musicians being exploited and not paid for their talent and music. Instead you support the Asian exploiters. Shame on you and your bikpla maus.

Mangi Musician

Maski Giaman

No score for this post
December 4 2006, 10:14 PM 

You must be very jealous of CHM success in the music industry.
All the top png artists are working with CHM for over twenty year because they are well look after and supported.

Stop spreading lies and disinformation about CHMSUPERSOUND,all their artists now have copyright contracts and publishing contracts and CHM are the only studio helping us not you.
No other studios in png is offering their artists copyright and publishing protection except CHM.

I am now the legal owner of all my songs.

Anonymous

Re: Maski Giaman

No score for this post
December 5 2006, 3:23 AM 

Law Student is the son of Chin attending Laloki Law School. Leave him alone.

Pirate

Re: Maski Giaman

No score for this post
December 5 2006, 2:30 PM 

I can get any copy of a song via pirated CDs hehehe! you can be the owner but people now don't have to spend money on your CDs. There's tonnes of pirated CDs around that can be burned from any computer anywhere!

Oh before I forget..CHM is also selling pirated CDs, VCDs, DVDs etc. so why bother anyway, ah?

Mangi Musician

Maski Giaman!

No score for this post
December 5 2006, 4:19 PM 

Maski Giaman! CHM do not sell pirate CD,VCD or DVD they are the only organization
in the music industry that is pushing copyright and publishing here in PNG.
Why would they be so stupid to sell pirated products and ruin their reputation when they are such a big and respected organization here it does not make sense what you are accusing them of doing. There is no pirate CD,VCD or DVD in any of their music shops.

Stop your lies and bullshiits,it is obviously you are one of those old anti CHM idiots trying to discredited a good company that has been looking after hundred of PNG musician and artists.
If you are a pngean why are pirating our PNG music knowing that many artists and musicians rely on royalties to survive.

Pirate

Re: Maski Giaman!

No score for this post
December 5 2006, 4:45 PM 

Just go and purchase a DVD or VCD from CHM. You won't be surprised of those heads popping up in front of your screen in the midst of watching a good movie.

I am renting DVDs via Netflix (www.netflix.com) na yu stap yet long CHM? Good luck on your music career. No wonder brother Oshen is recording in Hawai'i and is gaining popularity in the Pacific region and the US. How many of our local artists are that popular? Maybe you should ask CHM, ah?

Mangi Musician

Maski Giaman!

No score for this post
December 5 2006, 6:11 PM 

What crap! It is obviosly you haven't been in PNG for a long time and base on your IP address you definitely do not live in PNG.
Let me give you some more accurate information, there is no more pirate CD,VCD OR DVD in any of the CHM shop and they are 100% clean and all original.
All you can find is original CD,VCD and DVD, the prices is alot more expensive and the selection not as big as the South Pacific and PNG music but they are also more focus on Hillsong Gosple and Intergrity gosple music and those are all original because they are the sole distributor for the PNG Market.
Remember like any third world countries copyright was only introduce into PNG TWO years ago and the market here has changed, of there is still pirate CD,VCD and DVD in PNG it is even in Australia,America,Hong Kong,China and in the internet.
It is all over the world but it is not in CHM!

Oshen recorded two albums with CHMSUPERSOUND Studio both album was 100% produce here in PNG with CHMSUPERSOUND engineers.The first one was Pasifika Kanaka.
Oshen latest album Faya in 2006 was produced here with CHMSUPERSOUND Studio 100% and was a international hit all over the world.

Now that is news for you because there is so many things you don't know because you are not in PNG so don't make false accusation against a company like CHM that is doing so much for the people of PNG.
This place is tough why don't you come here to PNG and see if you can survive!
The people here will eat you alive hahahahah

Pirate

Re: Maski Giaman!

No score for this post
December 5 2006, 7:29 PM 

Ah Mangi Musician...there you go again! I don't attack people but on the merits of their arguments basing on facts. I am glad you stated that CHM has thrown out all their pirated CDs. I hope customers are also no longer being cheated.

Good luck on your music ambition. I hope you make it on the chart. We are the customers who will ultimately decide whether we buy your CDs and CHM's or not. It's the "invisible hand" that will determine CHM's profitability and your success in your music career.

But olsem mi tok ya, laik blong wanwan. They'll decide whether to be your loyal customers.

Mum

My Guess: not a musician

No score for this post
December 6 2006, 8:56 AM 

Mangi musician; it is my guess that you are not a musician at all; but rather a person of Asian decent (given you verbal context).

Ask any musician who has ever had dealings with CHM if they were looked after by CHM; the answer would be a resounding NO.

For instance; the members of Tambaran Culture (Ben Hakalitz, Pius Wasi, Peter Kailap and Baruka Tau) have not given CHM permission to sell their recorded music and do not receive 1 toea in royalties from those sales.

CHM's days are numbered; there are PNG musicians who will soon have the financial backing to take on CHM in court; sue them for what is owed and establish a PNG owned studio that will promote PNG contemporary music and pay the artists what they are worth. If CHM is made to pay all PNG musicians (past and present) what they owe them; I think it may well bankrupt the company and its owners. (my opinion only). I hope it does!!!!!!

Png sumatin abroad

To Mangi Musician-CHM's Alter Boy.

No score for this post
December 6 2006, 2:54 PM 

A few correction to Mangi Musician,Oshens albums recorded in CHM did not hit the world market-Pacifica Kanaka and Faya,where did you get that gibberish from.He did not hit the USA Billboard charts hell no.
The only Oshen Album that made an impact on Hawaii Charts is the Album "Rascal in Paradise" which was recorded in Hawaii at Hobba haus Production and marketed by sharp note music.

Chm has never hit the world market and never will.

You keep on worshipping Chm like an alter boy worshipping the pope or something and ignore what Chm is doing to our artists.
I have winessed many dissapointing artists who have been ripped off big time by your Allah Chm(which u keep worshipping.)

Put our fellow PNGeans first before those greedy kongkongs

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Pacific Music