Rhodesian HuntersJune 14 2009 at 2:23 PM
wally (Login cac_sabre)
from IP address 22.214.171.124
As the Dak takes shape I start on a Hunter...
Now I am an aeroplane man and I am minimalist with ordenance fitout if it is going to "spoil" the look of the subject. Consequently I have loads of spare rocketry and things that go bang snd I would qualify as a 1/48 Kosheigi (arms dealer - incidently I have a picture of his DC9 if anyone wants it)
Now Rhodesian reference pictures are quite thin on the ground (and in the air for that matter) because of all that embargo stuff and associated secrecy. I have one picture however, of a Hunter loaded up with sidewinders, I am guessing these were sourced from South Africa.. anyone have any clue what pylon / rail they used? The South Africans had both Sabres and Mirages, I am wondering if they might have adapted versions of these..
The Hunter looks good with the Sidewinders and I may break into my armoury..
- Here's some pics - Jamie McIntyre on Jun 14, 2009, 2:39 PM
- They call it a castle, I reckon it looks like a tortoise - wally on Jul 1, 2009, 12:33 AM
- If I had a bloody assegia, I'd slash my wrists! - wally on Jul 9, 2009, 7:54 PM
- Ok this one started as Rhodesian biltong but ended up as a Boerwors - wally on Jul 12, 2009, 8:14 PM
- Rhodesian Hunters - Phillip Evans on Dec 9, 2013, 4:26 AM