Return to Index  

Interesting news...HMAS Melbourne & Sydney 1/350 from OzMods

September 27 2009 at 12:52 PM
kk  (no login)
from IP address 211.28.144.232

MAJESTIC AIRCRAFT CARRIER UPDATE

This is to advise that the OzMod's 1/350 Majestic aircraft carrier project, for HMAS Melbourne and HMAS Sydney, has now been passed on to Darren Scannell and Fred Bustard at The Resin Shipyard in Ontario, Canada.

Darren and Fred have long wanted to do the Canadian Majestic, Bonaventure. As many of you are aware, it has been nine years of promises and more promises to me that the masters for the Australian Majestics would be completed, but I decided last week that at long last it was time to retrieve the work and it is now on its way to Canada.

OzMod's arrangement with The Resin Shipyard is that Darren and Fred will take over the entire project and initially produce the Canadian Bonaventure, which will then be followed by them producing the RAN's Melbourne and Sydney to supply to OzMods.

It might still take anything up to two + years before the first vessel is released: Unfortunately very little progress was ever made with the masters beyond that shown in the photos which appeared in Hyperscale (back in 2003!). With Darren and Fred now in control of the project, at last I have confidence that the Majestic carriers are one their way! Both The Resin Shipyard and OzMods will keep you informed of progress.

Greg Anderson, OzMods

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on ModelingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement