Return to Index  

That's the wonderful thing about Airliners.....

February 24 2010 at 8:55 AM
TOR  (Login rayqf)
from IP address 203.194.55.99

Response to Thank you everyone

Hi Kurt,
That's the wonderful thing about airliners. It is a far more diverse, interersting, and complex subject than most people realize, (ask Ed Russell and the boys of the Model Expo committee how complicated this subject can be!!!). One of my two major modelling themes is that of "Military and Governement Airliners" and includes aircraft modifiied for such roles as Tanker/Transport, AWACS, VIP Transport, Maritime Patrol, Airborne Command Post, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, and Airborne Laser Platform. If I live to be 200 years old I will still not get to build all the subject matter that this theme alone offers. Than there are the "non-military/non-airline" Airliners that are used for such diverse roles as engine test-beds, company demonstrators, VLAT fire-bombers, personal/private transports, parobolic weightlessness training, Airborne observatory platforms, Space Shuttle Transports, movie props, etc, etc. So step on into the wonderful world of Airliners Kurt, it has so much to offer !!! (geez, I make it sound like a cult!!!). I like it so much, it is even my day-job.
the other Ray

This message has been edited by rayqf from IP address 203.194.55.99 on Feb 24, 2010 9:12 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement