Return to Index  

And I sort of agree with you.

May 26 2010 at 3:21 PM
Glen Burns  (Login CreativeModelsAustralia)
from IP address 124.188.197.248

Response to Sorry Glen. I disagree with you

Well you might just be one of the small few that realise what common sense is, and what a realistic price is, but for the majority, I still stand by my comments.

Yes you can get some bargains and some good prices on their, but the majority of stuff on their is very expensive and a rip.

Ebay is still by no means the way to calculate the current market price. If that ws the case, then why cant we use swap and sells to calculate the market price instead? Or shops having sales?

I am sure we can all give examples of bargains, expensive kits, and rip offs on ebay, at any retail shop, or online store, including my own. I dare say that the majority of shops and online stores around the world dont delibrately rip off though.

My example is the Tamiya 1/12th scale F1 cars. Some have been recently rereleased, and others have been announced, but with Cartograf decalsand extra etch. These are retailing from around $120 - $140 and slightly upwards.

Look at the same kits on ebay, $240 and upwards of over $340.

Now look at the bidding on ebay. Peaople will pay what they can afford, how much they think the kit is, andif they desprately want something that is OOP, then maybe more. But those bidding prices, or the end price still doesnt rflect the market price. All that reflects is that some people are willing, or stupid enough, to pay ludicrous amounts of money, for a kit that is hard to get these days.

The Hawkeye kit you mention. I have never heard of it before, never seen one, and would not know what it is like as a kit. You paid $200usd, for it way back when, and now, youve sold it at a major loss, but at what was a very reasonable price. There is now the Kinetic kit, and Hasegawa too I think, which may or may not be as good or accurate in some areas, but a lot cheaper to buy, so this then reduces the end price for your resin kit.

You are smart enough to know this, and acted as such.

In Tumut a month ago, there was a guy selling very 2nd hand 1/24th truck kits. I saw two that I built 18 years ago as a kid. Now back then, the prices, brand new, in the shop were between $70 an $95. was keen to get two of these kits.

Until he put the prices on them. $150 each, and some were more. Asked if he was willing to negotiate. No. Asked how he got the pricing. He got them of ebay. How many of the trucksdid he sell? None.

Glen

Glen Burns

Creative Models Australia
glen@creativemodels.com.au
www.creativemodels.com.au

This message has been edited by CreativeModelsAustralia from IP address 124.188.197.248 on May 26, 2010 3:27 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement