Return to Index  

Another true story!

September 22 2010 at 9:38 PM
Tony Densley  (Login Spellbinder99)
from IP address 139.168.192.119

Response to True story

Back in the early 80's I was at an open day at Moorabbin, working the crowd as a volunteer.
We were near the P-40 (back in it's hybrid Kittystang days) when a young guy wandered up and started chatting.
As does, conversation turned to aircraft recoveries and this gent said that he had found a Lancaster!

Hmmm....

We asked him a bit about it, but not with any real interest as we had heard many stories like that at the Museum and he eventually wandered off as he said he was looking for "investors" to help recover it from a "Pacific Island".

Smart people will now make the logic jump that he was talking about the ex-AeroNavale Lancaster on the Wallis Islands and he was. That aircraft is now being restored in France.....:D

And then there was the time my Uncle, the bread delivery man told me about the Mosquito he saw in a back yard in Melbourne.......Sure Uncle Neil!
See the book Mosquito Monograph to see how I should have believed him about that one....

Cheers

Tony

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement