<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Interesting news...HMAS Melbourne & Sydney 1/350 from OzMods

September 27 2009 at 12:52 PM
kk  (no login)
from IP address 211.28.144.232

MAJESTIC AIRCRAFT CARRIER UPDATE

This is to advise that the OzMod's 1/350 Majestic aircraft carrier project, for HMAS Melbourne and HMAS Sydney, has now been passed on to Darren Scannell and Fred Bustard at The Resin Shipyard in Ontario, Canada.

Darren and Fred have long wanted to do the Canadian Majestic, Bonaventure. As many of you are aware, it has been nine years of promises and more promises to me that the masters for the Australian Majestics would be completed, but I decided last week that at long last it was time to retrieve the work and it is now on its way to Canada.

OzMod's arrangement with The Resin Shipyard is that Darren and Fred will take over the entire project and initially produce the Canadian Bonaventure, which will then be followed by them producing the RAN's Melbourne and Sydney to supply to OzMods.

It might still take anything up to two + years before the first vessel is released: Unfortunately very little progress was ever made with the masters beyond that shown in the photos which appeared in Hyperscale (back in 2003!). With Darren and Fred now in control of the project, at last I have confidence that the Majestic carriers are one their way! Both The Resin Shipyard and OzMods will keep you informed of progress.

Greg Anderson, OzMods

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Paul Carpenter
(no login)

HMAS Carriers

September 27 2009, 5:40 PM 

Wonderful news!!!!
A mere 2 years to wait and I will have a Melbourne. I must say this is the best news I have heard in a long time!
Fantastic stuff Greg.
Carpo

Respond to this message   
Tom Hamilton
(no login)

Too late for me I have already converted Heller's Arromaches n/t

September 27 2009, 8:10 PM 

Respond to this message   
Dave Rowe
(Login darowe)

Re: Too late for me I have already converted Heller's Arromaches n/t

September 29 2009, 10:10 AM 

Have you got any pictures of it Tom?

Respond to this message   
Tom Hamilton
(no login)

Not just yet

September 29 2009, 10:36 AM 

I had them on display over at Windsor RSL along with a DDG ( PERTH)(converted Revell John Paul Jones) Origial Anzac ( old Frog Battle Class) FFG (Newcastle) Oberon (scratch built by Ryan). Plus a heap of FAA and Army 1/48 scale. As the club was going to be renovated they put them into storeage without notifying me. After several months (years) the club got into difficulty ( which has been resolved ) so I went over and took them back. Unfortuneatly they are badly knocked around and it will be a while before I get around to get them up to scratch (as well as trying to find some display space, you can't hang ships from my crew room ceiling) .At least you have given me the incentive to make a move. Funny anecdote I was over at the club and two Navy types were arguing whether the Melbourne was the Ark Royal or Hermes,even though I equipted the Melbourne with Skyhawks and Trackers . I thought this typical of the ignorance "fishheads" have of the "birdie" world so I attempted to put them right only to have them try to argue the point with me.

Respond to this message   

Phil Thompson
(Login SpazSinbad)

Good on ya Tom...

September 29 2009, 12:53 PM 

It has been a long time for some fish heads to have seen the real birdie world. happy.gif My series of PDFs about the fixed wing RAN FAA is my attempt to educate these new fish heads about that olde worlde (wot may come again with the LHDs - watch that space). sigh... happy.gif

Respond to this message   
James Venables
(no login)

Well done

September 29 2009, 1:35 PM 

I'm not a ship modeller, but I'm impressed with that snippet of news, so I'll pass on a hearty "well done".

It's always good to hear of new Aussie subjects coming available.

Respond to this message   
Tom Hamilton
(no login)

Hamiltons Navy

September 29 2009, 5:04 PM 

When I finally put my RAN fleet into dry dock for repairs I will probably drag out the three other Revell Forrest Shermans I have in the stash and do the Brisbane and Hobart to join the Perth and do the third stock standard. I didn't realise the DDG was so big till I saw the turret and bridge at Canberra last week.

Respond to this message   
Brad
(Login mrbjr)

YAY!!

October 5 2009, 9:59 PM 

Put me down for one Melbourne, please!!

Ok....and a Sydney!!

What else do you have in the pipeline, Greg?

cheers,

bj

Respond to this message   
Fabes
(Login Fabes2013)

Re: YAY!!

October 15 2013, 10:47 PM 

Did this project ever get off the ground?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on ModelingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement