<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Forum reopened as a temporary measure

February 2 2013 at 7:04 PM
Aussie Modeller International  (Login Aussie_Modeller)
Owner
from IP address 60.231.0.78

Due to the technical problem on the main forum I have reopened this one until such time as it's fixed, which should be tonight or tomorrow.

Warmest regards,

David Harvey
Editor
Aussie Modeller International.
http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
TOR
(Login rayqf)

Any progress???

February 3 2013, 9:37 AM 

Hi David,
Just wondering if there is any update on the repair of the forum???
TOR

Respond to this message   

Ray S
(Login Aussie747)

Re: Forum reopened as a temporary measure

February 3 2013, 12:39 PM 

Perhaps a message onthe front page of the site or inthe what's new page to notify users. I only stumbled on this message by chance

Respond to this message   
Anonymous Guest (sign in please !)
(Login rayqf)

Now I am getting worried

February 3 2013, 12:59 PM 

Seems that the repair is not going well, (at least not so far). Obviously some major problems have been encounted. Maybe David could give an updated statement as to where we are at on the "what's New" page.
TOR

Respond to this message   
Aussie Modeller International
(Login Aussie_Modeller)
Owner

Still no luck at this stage

February 3 2013, 1:17 PM 

I am still waiting for the techo's to get back to me on how it's going.

Warmest regards,

David Harvey
Editor

Respond to this message   

Ray S
(Login Aussie747)

Looks like What's New page has changed...

February 3 2013, 7:46 PM 

...to an older version. Now showing stuff only up to Oct last year. It was different this morning with the Jan 13 update showing.

Respond to this message   
(Login Aussie_Modeller)
Owner

I have fixed that one up

February 3 2013, 8:20 PM 

It seems whilst trying to fix the forum the tech support guys deleted a whole heap of files and then tried to restore them but with Oct 12 stuff. I was contacted and am now in the process of uploading all the current stuff including tens of thousands of images and heaps of pages for the site.

But they have made an improvement on the forum, it still isn't up but there is at least SOMETHING!

Warmest regards,

David Harvey
Editor

Respond to this message   
TOR
(Login rayqf)

Weird things seem to be happening

February 3 2013, 9:26 PM 

Hi guys,
Each time I try to bring up the forum there are now different messages in different formats that I haven't seen before. Do the IT techs not have back-up files that they can simply upload and get the forum up and running again?? And did they find the original reason why this all happened in the first place?? The longer this goes on the more concerning it gets.....hope a solution is found soon.
Regards
Ray

Respond to this message   
(Login Aussie_Modeller)
Owner

More concerning?

February 3 2013, 9:49 PM 

I am slightly lost as exactly what is to be concerned about? The forum had a problem and it is now being fixed - no problem.

Warmest regards,

David Harvey
Editor

Respond to this message   
TOR
(Login rayqf)

Because it's doing really weird things

February 3 2013, 10:10 PM 

David perhaps I should explain so that you can pass it on to your IT "experts". Every time I try to log on to the forum....a different message or instruction appears, (in some cases in some weird and wonderful format that I have never seen before), eg:"syntex error", "contact site owner", "simplex error", and the latest....I was presented with the "sign in" page, which then refused to recognise my passowrd etc, requiring me to re-register, then refusing my registration details. My concern is for the health of the site.
Ray

Respond to this message   

Ray S
(Login Aussie747)

Stand practice when IT stuff is being fixed Ray

February 4 2013, 9:01 AM 

These different messages are par for the course when these IT problems are being fixed. The techs will be turning different functionality behind the scenes on and off to figure out what the underlying problem is. Getting a login screen occassionally means you probably jagged getting that screen while something was reset.

Be patient, the problem will be rectified....

Respond to this message   

Andrew Doppel (A2)
(Login AndrewDoppel)
Moderators

Any update on this Dave?

February 4 2013, 1:03 PM 

Still having problems getting into the new forum pages....keep getting a syntex error. How we going for getting this fixed?

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI

Respond to this message   
Alfred
(Login A30_737_AEWC)

Re: Any update on this Dave?

February 4 2013, 4:56 PM 

Oh no the sky is falling in :(

With apologies to TOR

Respond to this message   
(Login Aussie_Modeller)
Owner

Current status

February 4 2013, 5:34 PM 

The techo is downloading a bundle of files from the server and HOPES to have it up and running tonight. At worse we may lose posts but the main thing is that the forum will be up and running. I hope that the data (all the posts) is still on the server it is just the forum that needs to be reimposed over the top.

I am very annoyed that this has happened but I am not upset, if you get my meaning, as I can't change what has happened and I and the techo are doing everything possible to rectify what has gone wrong.

I will keep posting any changes here.

Warmest regards,

David Harvey
Editor

This message has been edited by Aussie_Modeller from IP address 123.211.86.151 on Feb 4, 2013 5:36 PM

Respond to this message   
TOR
(Login rayqf)

I think it must be me

February 4 2013, 6:05 PM 

Maybe I am sending off negative vibes....my IT system at work crashed spectacularly this afternoon. Thanks for update David, and I hope that not to much will be lost when the forum is returned to it's former glory. Good luck with the fix.
TOR

Respond to this message   
(Login Aussie_Modeller)
Owner

Latest update

February 5 2013, 8:33 PM 

I had a call from Tech Support about the current status. The basic forum has been restored back to the previous standard and we are now trying to get all the posts back on there. A support request has been sent up the support chain for them to get a copy of the server from 4 - 5 days ago (when this all happened) with all the posts so we don't lose anything.

Some may have noticed that the forum has been up and is now in maintenance mode, it is because our little spammer friends were posting on it within an hour of it being put up.

Once further information is forthcoming I will pass it on.

Warmest regards,

David Harvey
Editor

Respond to this message   
Gavin Ashard
(Login asho77)

So when is the forum coming back online?

February 8 2013, 4:49 PM 

David...Andrew....what's going on with the forums? It's been well over a week now. If i were you I'd look at using another host for the website seeing as these IT guru's clearly have no idea what's going on or what to do about the problem. I was trying to buy a whole heap of cheap kits from a fellow member and now I can't even access my PM's to contact the seller. I'm hoping he has the patience to wait till the sites back up. G

Respond to this message   

Andrew Doppel (A2)
(Login AndrewDoppel)
Moderators

I can't help Gav......

February 9 2013, 9:21 AM 

Dave is doing as much as he can from his end. If I recall correctly the server host last time this occurred was the same as Westpac's and it was an attempted hack on them that caused this issue. I think what Dave is trying to do is get the site restored via its backup so that very few posts are lost.

On another note I have found a few Huey bits you can have which I will put in with that AC-47 you wanted.

Regards

Andrew Doppel
Assistant Moderator AMI

Respond to this message   
(Login Aussie_Modeller)
Owner

Still no time till fixed

February 9 2013, 3:13 PM 

The tech support have sent off for the main server backup so there will be no posts lost on the server. It turns out that the backups of the server that my supplier does don't back up programs above a certain size, guess which site that it didn't do regular back ups of......

The main server does backups of everything so we are waiting for word form them on getting the backup put back on the server.

If I receive any word I shall pass it on.

Warmest regards,

David Harvey
Editor

Respond to this message   

Kev C.
(Login kpc7676)

Simple answer to the problems

February 10 2013, 8:20 AM 

Change hosts!

Kev C

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on ModelingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement