<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Why does thgis keep happening

June 20 2013 at 4:55 PM
ray  (Login rayqf)
from IP address 210.4.232.227

Well....another day, another site crash. Why does this keep happening???
TOT

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Aussie Modeller International
(Login Aussie_Modeller)
Owner

Because AMI is too popular

June 20 2013, 9:31 PM 

One of the problems the site has at the current server is that it is too popular and getting too large for the CURRENT server. I am looking around for a decent server that doesn't cost a fortune. I could go back to N54 but I don't think I want to inflict that on anyone as the new forum is much more flexible and user friendly.

Warmest regards,

David Harvey
Editor
Aussie Modeller International.
http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au

Respond to this message   
Ray
(Login rayqf)

So how long this time

June 20 2013, 10:19 PM 

OK...so how long will the site be down for this time??...and will we loose a ****-load of data like the last time???

Respond to this message   

Bill Ansell
(Login head-case)

No Dave, don't even joke about going back to N54

June 21 2013, 2:05 PM 

Dave

New additions to threads need to float to the surface not get lost in the mire. Now that everyone has finally gotten used to this system with the PM's and such it would be a retrograde step to operate like Hyperscale again. I must admit I wasn't a believer when you first changed the AMI platform but I slowly became converted as others have, so for god's sake, please don't change it back.

Cheers Bill

Respond to this message   
Aussie Modeller International
(Login Aussie_Modeller)
Owner

The site is back up again

June 21 2013, 6:06 PM 

There was a corruption of the Forum database somehow and we have just lost a few days posts, not months as last time.

Back ups are being done daily, weekly and monthly of the site so we don't lose heaps of info like last time.

Warmest regards,

David Harvey
Editor
Aussie Modeller International.
http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au

Respond to this message   

Oz_Aerobat
(Login Oz_Aerobat)

Why does thgis (sic) keep happening

June 21 2013, 3:00 PM 

I am sure Dave will sort out and resolve the site server issues in good time. Remember he has a full time job, a family and he manages and maintains the site for free. And we have the benefit of Dave's commitment and decision for no monetary outlay.

So who might be prepared to subscribe ($$) to a forum service that could be hosted in a more reliable manner (i.e. one that charges more to host a website due to it's equipment/facilities)?

((insert the sound of crickets))

Finish writing that article for submission to the website or get back to the plastic in the meantime. I am sure it will suffice to ameliorate the withdrawl symptoms some might be suffering otherwise.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on ModelingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement