Return to Index  

Cold Chisel in Manchester

July 18 2012 at 8:35 AM
Chisel5  (Login chisel5)
JimmyBarnes.com Members

What a night Manchester my home town never ever could i imagine i would be watching Chisel on my home ground iv always had it in my head that if they play Germany or Holland i would be there but 20 miutes from my house Sorry if im going on but im still living the dream.
It was great to meet up with old friends Jak and Trudi from the Barnstormers Mag Pete Mitchell A true fan and collector like myself Peter nightingale again a true fan also Ade no need for introduction there it must of been the Stowe School gig last time i saw Ade plus many more who was in the pub names escape me .
Seeeing Chisel play was a dream for me but to meet the guys as well and they are the nicest band you could meet they must of spent 30 minutes outside in the rain having pictures with us and signing lots of my CDs All i can say is thank you .
The only sad part of the day was when i was chatting to Don i asked him if he thought that Chisel would make it back to the UK he said that after tonights gig in Mancheter that was it they had no plans for Chisel( no pun intended )he said it might be up to two years before they do something again lets hope they dont take that long.
The set list
1.Standing on the Outside
2.Cheap Wine
3.No Plans
4.HQ 454 Monroe
5.Choirgirl
6.Forever Now
7.Everybody
8.My Baby
9.Rising Sun
10.Dead and Laid to Rest
11.Saturday Night
12.Letter To Alan
13.All For You
14.You Got Nothing I Want
15.Merry Go Round
16.Flame trees
17.Khe Sanh
18.Bow River

Encore:
19.When The War Is Over
20.The Last Wave Of Summer
21.Four Walls
22.Goodbye (Astrid Goodbye)

The show was excelent the new stuff sounds fantastic live i did take a little bit of video which ill pop on youtube
Sorry i cant work out how to get pics on here but iv put them on the cold chisel face book page
Cheers John Pendleton Chisel5

Sorry about the spelling and for going on so long

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: Cold Chisel in ManchesterArronJul 19, 2012, 8:03 AM
 Fantastic night in ManchesterPeteJul 20, 2012, 10:31 PM
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement