<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Soul Deep/ Heat

October 8 2009 at 7:01 AM
Kelvin  (Login spinner_1)
JimmyBarnes.com Members

Hi Guys

Can anyone shine some light on when the re-release of Soul Deep and the aniversary edition of Heat are due out???

Maybe its something they might put as an added bonus on the box set re-release. I heard from an ex employee from Liberation that the box was beeing re released.

Cheers

GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME TONIGHT...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
dk
(Login dangerkid)
JimmyBarnes.com Members

Re: Soul Deep/ Heat

October 8 2009, 7:09 AM 

The 'Heat Re-issue' statement has been removed from the news section of this site, so i guess it's no longer happening.

Its a shame, i love Heat, but it wasn't a huge seller for Jimmy, so there probably wasn't a big financial reason to re-release it.

A Soul Deep re-issue would probably get more interest (unfortunately!)

Respond to this message   
Peter
(Login swingthedoor)
JimmyBarnes.com Members

October 8 2009, 1:56 PM 

I reckon it was one his best records too. Strayed away from what i'd call rock for a while, but came back with the throttle wide open with Heat. There were 12 inch red vinyl lp copies of Heat getting around too. I think that was around the time the CD disease came upon us. It's great they're releasing some vinyl records now of the new releases. I still maintain that a good vinyl recording is far superior to a digital one. Peter.

Respond to this message   
Kelvin
(Login spinner_1)
JimmyBarnes.com Members

October 8 2009, 2:30 PM 

Aparently the re release of Soul Deep is meant to be stripped back without all the drum machines and synthisizers. Not too sure where I heard this, I think it was on the radio (Mix 94.5 or 96fm)

Cheers

GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME TONIGHT...

Respond to this message   

Mikey
(Login mikey.c)
Moderators

October 8 2009, 4:24 PM 

'Soul Deep' should be released early next year and 'Heat' is still on the books.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement