<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What a weekend

May 31 2010 at 12:26 PM
wombie  (Login wombaterl)
JimmyBarnes.com Members

Wish you all could have been there the new stuff is great LOVEN them can't wait for the CD ..
Trip started a little slow took me two trips out of the air port and what felt like hours to find Toowoomba must start believing nav b.....h and not randoms giving me directions happy.gif but the last cute guy in the van next to me was right and I finally found it happy.gif
Toowoomba was SOOOO good I made the mistake of buying stall ticket which had me in the boon docks and managed to beg to the box office lady to swap with the only one left down stairs which was the disabled carers seat I felt bad but lucky the lady didnt need a carer and I made a new friend in her what a woman...Black sorrows were so good as usual they really got the crowed going good pick having them as support.
Then the man came out and thank god we were able to hit the mosh pit the place rocked I found a small corner and was soon joined by Clay aka chisel we had a frigging ball...music was great few hick ups but hey what the hell it rocked LOVE the new stuff and LOVE the girls saken their groove thing in those great dresses Elly was having a ball and belting it out with Shauna.
Then road trip to hervey bay. Thanks to dazza a crew I reckon if I didnt follow them Id still be up there somewhere driving even tho 5 hours on the road seemed like it was never going to end the micro naps took the edge off (joking) but I did miss half the scenery due to the fantasic weather and driving without music oh the god channel was VERY entertaining it was the only one that didnt fade away.
Hervey bay was great what a great place and the atmosphere was good too even the fruit bats flying over the full moon were magical think Jimmy might have done something to their flight patterens tho saw a few doing airial back flips happy.gif
Supports were great black sorrows were again a good choice .Jimmy killed it did a few new ones switched it up from the night befor.
Everyone was well behaved and all had a great night out.
My only comment and yes AGAIN its kids in the mosh pit....
here i go
I know the orginisers do a great job and its such a mamoth effet to get it right but maybe there could be a mini mosh pit set aside for the kids There was one for the smokers and they used it well so maybe a MINI MOSH area for kids would be a good thing were they can still have fun and be safe.I relize it's the irrasponcable parents that take them into the pit area and there was an announcment to get them out bfor JB came on but I saw small babies on parents shoulders do they know what theyre doing to their child's hearing and Nicky found two under ten year olds crying in front of her cause they lost their mums we let at least 6 under 15s'in front of us for Shannon (thank god for the buffer zone) and then they were happy to go back when JB came on.
Again its the parents that have the control mainly but if theres a spot were they can be with their kids im sure they would use it Its not like kids are going to start punching on and pushing or throwing achole around AHHH but we love the mosh pit best place in the world to be at a gig.
I guess Im adding this YET again as a mum and child care worker as it may not be long befor a child is injured or worse weve seen what can happen and that would really suck god knows it take us adults long enough to recover but we love it !!!!! and kids have the right to have fun too but safe fun.
now i get off my soap box and say
thanks to those who looked after me dazza and crew i had a ball in your neck of the woods and was great to actually get to know you guys a bit more than just a flying hello in the pit.Learnt alot about friends this weekend and about myself .Im off to the barahma kamaries agin next weekend with my girl Clare to do some more meditaion and self discovery work next weekend sounds very OUT THERE hey but I love it not as much as the road trips but hey gotta come down some times .
love to all wombie

i know its alot of REALLY horrific spelling to get through but ten hours sleep in three days that my excuse happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif ok i can't spell sad.gif
xxxxx

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement