CLICK BELOW!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>~Return to Index~  

IWO JIMA MEMORIAL PLAQUE (Guam)

October 29 2002 at 7:41 AM
No score for this post

Dick G  (Login Dick Gaines)
Owner
from IP address 209.130.221.186

From: "RAYMOND JACOBS" <RAY1JACOBS@msn.com> | This is Spam | Add to Address Book
To: "R.W. Gaines" <gyg1345@yahoo.com>, "Rayfor" <Doc666usmc@aol.com>, "ColFord" <w.ford@mca-marines.org>
Subject: Fw: IWO JIMA MEMORIAL PLAQUE
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:21:34 -0800

Hi...

Just received this e mail.Can you help with information or by passing the word???

Thanks and Semper Fi,Ray

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 9:19 PM
To: Ray1Jacobs@msn.com
Subject: IWO JIMA MEMORIAL PLAQUE

I AM IN POSESSION OF A PLAQUE THAT IS TO BE THE ORIGINAL PLAQUE MOUNTED ON THE IWO JIMA MEMORIAL IN GUAM COMMON. ITS MADE OF SHELL CASING AND READS
IN MEMORY
OF OUR BUDDIES WHO GAVE THEIR ALL ON IWO JIMA
BECAUSE OF THEM WE WERE STRONGER
BECAUSE OF THEIR FIGHT THEY WERE GLOURIOUS
BECAUSE OF THEM AMERICA LIVES LONGER
BECAUSE OF THEM WE WERE VICTOURIOUS
BECAUSE OF THIS O GOD LET THEM SHARE THY HEAVENLY PEACE.
28TH U.S.M.C.REG.

IT IS SIGNED ON THE BACK BY ,IT LOOKS LIKE SGT. ANDERSON31ST USNCB 1945 IT IS ENGRAVED WITH THE VIBRATING ENGRAVER USED BACK THEN, AND THERE ARE 2 WREATHS, 1 ON EITHER SIDE OF IN MEMORY.
MY FATHER WAS IN GUAM IN 1945 IN THE USAF.

WATCHING A PICTURE SHOOT OF THE MEMORIAL. THEY PEELED THIS OFF TO PUT A LARGER PLAQUE SO IT WOULD BE MORE VISIBLE IN PHOTOS, THEY THREW THIS ON THE GROUND ,HE PICKED IT UP ,HE AND A FREIND READ IT AND HE PUT IT IN HIS POCKET,WATCHED THE SHOOT THEN LEFT.

WE FOUND IT IN A FOOT LOCKER AT MY GRANDPARENTS HOUSE WHEN HIS MOM PASSED. IM TRYING TO FIND THE IMPOSSIBLE, WHICH IS SOME PICTURES OF THIS PHOTO SHOOT, BEFORE AND AFTER THE CHANGING OF THE PLAQUE.
IF YOU CAN POSSIBLY HELP PLEASE CONTACT ME.
MY NAME IS RICH.
SERNAS4@AOL.COM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Greg
(no login)

Iwo plaque

No score for this post
October 29 2002, 9:13 PM 

Rich- Reading your e-mail reminded me of the raising of the second flag on Iwo-- the second flag replaced the first to make the flag more visible.

One suggestion that I would make- Is it possible to take a photo of the photo that you have? If you can, scan the photo and then post it on Gunny's site. Perhaps someone's memory might be jarred when they see the photo. Just a thought.. Good luck in t your search.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>~Return to Index~  
Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
SHARE THIS/LINK TO THIS PAGE/ADD, ETC.
CLICK BELOW!

All Rights Reserved
Gunny G's Marines Sites & Forums
By
R.W. "Dick" Gaines
GySgt USMC (Ret.)
1952-72

eXTReMe Tracker >