SHARE THIS/LINK TO THIS PAGE/ADD, ETC.
CLICK BELOW!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>~Return to Index~  

An incident at Inchon,Korea summer 1953

February 28 2003 at 11:20 AM
No score for this post
H.J.Cobb  (no login)
from IP address 205.188.209.9

In the summer of 1953 a unit of the 4th marines which was part of the 3rd mar.div.stationed in Japan.This unit was transfering Chicom pows to Taiwan.The landing craft crashed against an lst causing many marines to drown.Does any one remember this? I had a buddy that died years ago that told me about this also I was in Korea at the time and it was in the stars and stripes news paper.My pals name was cpl Carl W.Muntz

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Dick G
(Login Dick Gaines)
Forum Owner

I recall the incident well....

No score for this post
February 28 2003, 4:27 PM 

at the time I was a member of 3dMarinesat Camp Fuji, Japan--the 4thMarines, it seems to me, were based at Nara, Japan--but I would have thought that it occurred earlier in 1953, as 3dMarines went to iwo Jima for maneuvers in February of that year, and I thought it was about the same time--has been a long time and memory gets a bit foggy after so many years.

Dick Gaines

This message has been edited by Dick Gaines from IP address 24.99.13.138 on Mar 1, 2003 8:49 AM

H.J.Cobb
(no login)

Inchon incident

No score for this post
March 1 2003, 10:02 AM 

The incident at inchon must have been in the late summer of 1953 because the 4th marines were in the process of taking chicom pows that had refused to go back to red china to taiwan.The korean war was over july 27 1953 so it had to be some time after that.The 4th marines were stationed at Nara Japan.
Semper Fi Jim Cobb

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>~Return to Index~  
Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
SHARE THIS/LINK TO THIS PAGE/ADD, ETC.
CLICK BELOW!

All Rights Reserved
Gunny G's Marines Sites & Forums
By
R.W. "Dick" Gaines
GySgt USMC (Ret.)
1952-72

eXTReMe Tracker >