CLICK BELOW!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>~Return to Index~  

Globe and Anchor

June 18 2003 at 9:06 AM
No score for this post

gunnyg  (Login Dick Gaines)
Owner
from IP address 24.99.13.138

There was a time in the Corps when the term eagle, globe and anchor was rarely heard; and ega never heard!

The Marine Corps emblem (not ega--there's no such thing ) was the general reference. Marines did, however, refer to our emblem, on occasion, simply as the Globe and Anchor--no, not the Eagle, Globe and Anchor--just the Globe and Anchor. Many of you will say, among other things, that you never heard of such a thing. I agree, likely you never did--maybe that's because you're a boot.

Matter of fact, I have seen references in many of the older writings pertaining to the Corps, using the reference to the Globe and Anchor. For example, one such reference stated "...he was one of the finest men ever to wear the Globe and Anchor..."

Just read a news article a few days ago that reminded me of this topic. And, there was an article on actor Hugh O'Brian, a former Marine, who had been awarded the Globe and Anchor award. I know, you same people won't remember him either.

Dick Gaines
GySgt USMC (Ret.)
1952-72

R.W. "Dick" Gaines
GySgt USMC (Ret.)
1952-72

Gunny G's Old Salt Marines Tavern
Sites & Forums!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Dick Gaines
(Login Dick Gaines)
Owner

Re Marine Corps Emblem...and Cuba?

No score for this post
October 29 2003, 7:39 AM 

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>~Return to Index~  
Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
SHARE THIS/LINK TO THIS PAGE/ADD, ETC.
CLICK BELOW!

All Rights Reserved
Gunny G's Marines Sites & Forums
By
R.W. "Dick" Gaines
GySgt USMC (Ret.)
1952-72

eXTReMe Tracker >