SHARE THIS/LINK TO THIS PAGE/ADD, ETC.
CLICK BELOW!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>~Return to Index~  

GyG'sMailbag: ...Via Maj Gene Duncan USMC (Ret.)

May 20 2005 at 9:01 PM
No score for this post

GyG  (Login Dick Gaines)
Owner
from IP address 65.41.134.232

Subject : Fw: Mike Smith, Jane Fonda's nightmare

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:59 PM
Subject: Fwd: Mike Smith, Jane Fonda's nightmare

Gene Duncan <gduncan1775@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 14:35:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Mike Smith, Jane Fonda's nightmare
To: Col Wayne Morris <waymor@bizec.rr.com>

Colonel Wayne:

I would greatly appreciate your considering putting this out to your countless supporters.

Wednesday Tom Moore and I spent most of the day with Mike Smith, the former Marine machinegunner of CAP days and the patriot who during April of this year expressed to Jane Fonda the undying displeasure of tens of thousands of veterans from the war in Vietnam.
Mike served with Tom and I in the Combined Action Force, CAG-2 and CAG-4 in Vietnam in 1970. He was just a boy then, and one hell of a good combat Marine.

Tom and I found Mike Smith to be an intelligent man of deep convictions. He is conversant, intelligent, and an American who exudes his love for this country and for our Marine Corps. He's in his early fifties, married for the second time to a woman he describes as "liberal," a liberal he loves very much. He faces some kind of judicial resolution to his current status, but he is not the least bit worried. He has received hundreds of phone calls, emails, personal visits and support from almost evereyone. He has declined to be interviewed on talk shows, even Sean Hannity. He is not seeking notoriety or fame. He merely made a statement which he feels, as do I, was long overdue.

He purchased Jane Fonda's book, on which bears stains of tobacco juice. He plans to put it on eBay for sale, and the profits WILL GO TO A VETERANS' ORGANIZATION dealing with medical problems of American veterans.

Mike is sixty percent disabled and receives his medical care from the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Kansas City. He is a man of modest means, and he has no desire or motive whatsoever to profit from his moment in the spotlight.

After several hours of talking with him, I asked if he would be interesting in making speeches and appearances before military or quasi-military groups. He said he would. He would not accept any fees for such appearances, but would need the financial assistance of getting to and from the location of the speech and accommodations and meals while there. Should anyone be interested in having him as an excellent guest at any kind of gathering, he can be reached by email at Mike Smith <deduke@kc.rr.com>. He prefers to wait until the court hearing has been held which is estimated to be in the month of June.

As an illustration of the way this Marine thinks and speaks, let me tell you about an incident which took place in Arlington, VA last year at the reunion of Combined Action Platoon Marines. Mike and his wife, who knows little about the marines and the way they think and feel, were standing before the Marine memorial (Iwo Jima flag raising) gazing at the bodies, faces, and uniforms of the Marines cast in bronze. She was silent for a long time, and then she spoke and said, "I'll bet their families are very proud of them." Mike replied to her, "Yes WE are" (emphasis mine).

I plan to keep you posted on the results of the court hearing. He has an attorney, a former Naval Aviator and friend of Tom Moore, who has taken on his case without any charge. When Mike's wife asked him about his fee, he replied that if Mike were Donald Trump, there would still be no charge.

Semper Fi
Gene Duncan

"God sent each person into the world with a special message to deliver, a special song to sing and a special act of love to bestow. No one else can speak my [your] message or sing my [your] song or offer my [your] love ... These are entrusted to me [you]."
Father J. Nash 2001

"... the twin pillars of political correctness are willful ignorance and a steadfast refusal to face the truth ..." George MacDonald Fraser

Gene Duncan
715 6th St.
Boonville, MO 65233
Tel: 660 882 8031
Cell: 660 537 2225

"God sent each person into the world with a special message to deliver, a special song to sing and a special act of love to bestow. No one else can speak my [your] message or sing my [your] song or offer my [your] love ... These are entrusted to me [you]."
Father J. Nash 2001

"... the twin pillars of political correctness are willful ignorance and a steadfast refusal to face the truth ..." George MacDonald Fraser

Gene Duncan
715 6th St.
Boonville, MO 65233
Tel: 660 882 8031
Cell: 660 537 2225

~~~~~~~~~~

R.W. "Dick" Gaines
GnySgt USMC (Ret.)
1952 (Plt #437)--'72

GyG's Globe and Anchor! --Sites & Forums
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/dickg/sites.html
GyG's Old Salt Marines Tavern ~Interactive~
http://network54.com/Forum/135069
Gunny G's Globe and Anchor Weblog
http://gunnyg.blogspot.com
~SITES/FORUMS FOR THE THINKING MARINE!~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>~Return to Index~  
Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
SHARE THIS/LINK TO THIS PAGE/ADD, ETC.
CLICK BELOW!

All Rights Reserved
Gunny G's Marines Sites & Forums
By
R.W. "Dick" Gaines
GySgt USMC (Ret.)
1952-72

eXTReMe Tracker >