<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>~Return to Index~  

A Marine Among Us

June 19 2005 at 1:43 PM
No score for this post

GyG  (Login Dick Gaines)
Owner
from IP address 207.30.54.86

Sent : Sunday, June 19, 2005 1:25 PM
To : "Joe Nettles" <joeblowsblog@earthlink.net>, "Charlie MCLHerk Porter" <cporte4@twcny.rr.com>, "Chet DNYMCL Catuzza" <pplpdc@aol.com>, "Clayton Bramhall" <oorah@adelphia.net>, "Comm TT GeorgeG" <geo155@frontiernet.net>, "Dick GunnyG Gaines" <gunnyg@hotmail.com>, "Dick Marine Karabin" <richardkarabin@yahoo.com>, "Frank MCCaptRet Cox" <Usmcforme@aol.com>, "frank mcl Caporale" <frank13502@netzero.com>, "Gene MajMCRet Duncan" <gduncan1775@yahoo.com>, "Geo MCLWatertown LaFex" <glafex@yahoo.com>, "George Fallon" <fmfpac961@aol.com>, "H D 0161MCRet Wilson" <crafter@voyager.net>, "Hank USMC Herbowy" <HankHJ@aol.com>, "Joseph MCLHerk Wise" <joe-leen@juno.com>, "Ken ColMCTT Martin" <kemlkc@cfl.rr.com>, "Ken StatenIsMCL OBrien" <CPLKENOB@aol.com>, "Lewis 0161USMC Loven" <lewusmcuspsret@aol.com>, "Lou MCL Caldara" <llc1@westchestergov.com>, "Mac MCLTT Waterman" <macmcl961@aol.com>, "Mel USAFAssocMCL Leaf" <mopedmels@juno.com>, "Dick Mayhew" <jarhead@dreamscape.com>, "Rick MCLPistol Herk Nadeau" <rnadeau@aol.com>, "Robert Boardman" <RRBoardman@aol.com>, "Robert PNC/MCL Becker" <MCLSARGE@aol.com>, "Royal MCLTT Kraeger" <rkraege1@twcny.rr.com>, "Sandy Morrongiello" <cattlecall161@aol.com>, "SSGT Reservist CAMDEN-DET" <lzolcor999@aol.com>, "Steve ScoopTTavern Hitchcock" <stpmink@aol.com>, "Tom TunTavern Arcuri" <TARCURI@TWCNY.RR.COM>, "Walter MCretN990 Lofink" <wlofink@earthlink.net>, "William MCRet Hendrix" <wlh971@yahoo.com>, "William TOMMCRET Moore" <Dinty1916@sbcglobal.net>
Subject : Fw: A Marine among us

| | | Inbox

----- Original Message -----
To: Wayne Morris ; Irish Egan ; Michael A. Malachowsky ; Mac Dube ; John Kelly ; MICHAEL WILLIAMS ; Don Williams ; George O'Kelley ; bruce.kelly@navy.mil ; Asad Khan ; Gerry Brodeur ; LtCol Gregg Lyon ; Ty Edwards ; Steve Moline ; Sylvester Leonard ; Clayton Bramhall ; Whitey Asheim ; john farrell ; William Moore ; Joe Fenech ; Jerome Bonkowski ; Don Masztak ; Pappy Gore ; conwill casey ; richard&debbie stovall ; Grant Beck ; Kopke Capt Ty B ; Major Keith Kopets ; Col Michael P Marletto ; Henry Bookhart ; Bill Magill ; John Geymann ; Frank Jr MGySgt Cordero ; keith dangerfield ; COL Guy ; Jeff Overstreet ; Bill Beaver ; Maureen Basham ; Bill Cerny ; Blair Connor ; Butch Ducote ; Col Dennis A Goldsmith ; Dick Culver ; Donald Cleo Cozine ; Richard Wertz ; Bryce Romo ; Dalejean Glasscock ; Bob Doyle ; Poynter SgtMaj David B
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2005 6:09 PM
Subject: A Marine among us

Friends:

Tom Moore and I held a bash recently to celebrate the event of former LCpl Mike Smith showering Jane Fonda with tobacco juice. At that event were former Marines from Texas, Oregon, and Washington State, Marines from Pfc to bird colonel. Lots of locals. Mike received these accolades with the humility which marks him as a sincere and devoted Marine, a Marine who spoke (spat) for us all as an expression of disdain for one who should have been tried for treason and imprisoned.

In April Jane Fonda had a book-signing session in a bookstore in Kansas City. In the line of worshipers waiting to get Fonda to sign her new book was one former CAP Marine who did not share the enthusiasm of the crowd. After about 90 minutes he got to the table where sat Jane Fonda, basking in the admiration of her misled left-wing following. Mike placed the book in front of her, gathered up the oral pressure needed, and blasted her with a mouthful of tobacco juice. Instantly gaining the respect of hundred of thousands of Vietnam vets who had been demeaned and abused by Fonda's actions supporting the enemies of America, he quickly left the store, walked about fifteen feet beyond the door and waited for the inevitable arrest by the cops.

I have heard some criticism from others who didn't like the idea that he "ran" from the store. My friends, he didn't run. He is 60% disabled. But he knew every person in that store was a supporter of Hanoi Jane, so he quickly -- as quickly as he could -- left the store to avoid whatever might have been in store for him from a hostile crowd.

He was arrested by cops who shook his hand. He had a $100 bail bond put on him. Since that time, retired Captain Tom Moore got Mike a lawyer, a former Naval Aviator. The lawyer was to handle Mike's case for no fee -- pro bono, I think they call it. But, unfortunately, the lawyer has done nothing. As a result, Mike was forced to hire a lawyer he can ill afford. His case date has not yet been set, but it should be soon.

The purpose of this message is to ask you to forward this message to your followings in an attempt to assist Mike in his current problem of getting the money to pay for his legal assistance. If you and/or your followers can break loose with a few bucks, it would be greatly appreciated. I dislike fund drives, as most are for shallow reasons. But I feel strongly about this case, and I hope you do also.

You can mail your contribution made payable to Tom Moore, the focal point of this effort. His address is
Tom Moore
6816 Wedd
Merriam, KS 66203.
If you wish to talk with Tom Moore (or me) regarding this matter, you can reach him at 913 362 6745 or by email at dinty1916@sbcglobal.net. . My numbers are 660 882 8031, or cell at 660 537 2225.

Thank you for your benevolence to one of our own, one who so desperately needs our help.

Good bless, and

Semper Fi
Gene Duncan

SHOOT STRAIGHT -- AND OFTEN

"... the twin pillars of political correctness are willful ignorance and a steadfast refusal to face the truth ..." George MacDonald Fraser

Gene Duncan
715 6th St., Boonville, MO 65233
Tel: 660 882 8031
Cell: 660 537 2225

~~~~~~~~~~

R.W. "Dick" Gaines
GnySgt USMC (Ret.)
1952 (Plt #437)--'72

GyG's Globe and Anchor! --Sites & Forums
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/dickg/sites.html
GyG's Old Salt Marines Tavern ~Interactive~
http://network54.com/Forum/135069
Gunny G's Globe and Anchor Weblog
http://gunnyg.blogspot.com
~SITES/FORUMS FOR THE THINKING MARINE!~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Sully
(no login)

Not Fonda Jane

No score for this post
June 20 2005, 12:40 PM 

Guns:

I bow to no Marine in my detest for Jane Fonda and all her works....except in that one movie I saw years ago, wherein I'm forced to admit she certainly did look f____ing. Now that was a test for your readers with filthy minds. I meant "fetching," and that's what I was going to write. If the spittor had nailed her at the moment sqarely in the eye as she was sitting in that AA gunner's chair squinting through that site, I would have moved heaven and hell to have helped rescue the spittor, including a parachute jump into Hanoi.

But my goodness, gents, it's now 30 years from that miserable time. If none of us are any wiser, we're at least older. Fonda is in her mid late 60s. Besides that she's lived with Ted Turner for God knows how long, and if that ain't a cross to bear then I don't know what is. I'll never forgive her, and I doubt that many of you will forgive her either. But spitting on this old grandmotherly type, in my opinion, simply became flagrantly wrong sometime within the last 25 years or so.

So my advice to the spittor is this. For God's sake, don't hire a lawyer. This will muddy the waters, and you'll end up in Git'mo tearing up pages of the Koran and flushing them down the toilet. Since, in my opinion, you committed a disgusting public wrong to someone, who although she may have well deserved such an assault in the distant past, the statute of limitations on such type of humiliation had expired; You, the spittor apologize to Miss Fonda, that court, and the public who witnessed this breach of the the public peace of this community; plead guilty to the commission of this misdeamor; and throw myself on the mercy of that court, asking that your past service to your country as a United States Marine during hostilities in Viet Nam be taken into consideration when adjudicating your sentence.

GyG
(Login Dick Gaines)
Owner

Yep, I agree w/all you say....

No score for this post
June 20 2005, 1:23 PM 

Yep, I agree w/all you say, Sully--but I'm still glad he did it. I would have preferred the authorities didn't get to him in time, and could only report an unidentified vehicle disappearing into the sunset w/a USMC emblem decal on the back window.
Dick

~~~~~~~~~~

R.W. "Dick" Gaines
GnySgt USMC (Ret.)
1952 (Plt #437)--'72

GyG's Globe and Anchor! --Sites & Forums
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/dickg/sites.html
GyG's Old Salt Marines Tavern ~Interactive~
http://network54.com/Forum/135069
Gunny G's Globe and Anchor Weblog
http://gunnyg.blogspot.com
~SITES/FORUMS FOR THE THINKING MARINE!~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>~Return to Index~  
Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
SHARE THIS/LINK TO THIS PAGE/ADD, ETC.
CLICK BELOW!

All Rights Reserved
Gunny G's Marines Sites & Forums
By
R.W. "Dick" Gaines
GySgt USMC (Ret.)
1952-72

eXTReMe Tracker >