SHARE THIS/LINK TO THIS PAGE/ADD, ETC.
CLICK BELOW!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>~Return to Index~  

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO LOGIN, AND WAIT FOR YOUR POST TO BE APPROVED BEFORE IT APPEARS HERE???

June 6 2007 at 6:19 PM
No score for this post

GyG  (Login Dick Gaines)
Forum Owner
from IP address 71.1.245.84

Why Login/wait for approval here???
(NOT ALL--BUT SOME OF THEM...)

Glad you asked that question!
Nobody hates more than I do to login at a site, nor to have to have my posts approved before they are actually posted to the site.
But the way things are on the Internet, I, and others, really have no choice anymore.

If I do not configure the site this way, every morning I find the site littered with spam, pervert postings, smut of all kinds. It takes a WHY DO YOU HAVE TO LOGIN, AND WAIT FOR YOUR POST TO BE APPROVED BEFORE IT APPEARS HERE???lot of time to remove all this junk. The alternative is to leave it as is--you wouldn't like that, folks--and it would soon render these sites/messageboards useless to all of us. I have to remove this stuff manually; I think the spammers are doing it by computer now, non-stop--so they have no problem keeping up with their business. I have close to 20 forums here on Network54 alone, so you can see why the spam would take up a lot of my time.

So that's why I had to arrange things this way.

Regretably, this has also resulted in many people just not posting here. And I hate to see that as well. Hopefully, many of you will take the time to read this and understand the problem--I want to see you all posting here again!
Thank you for your attention.

Semper Fidelis
Dick Gaines/GunnyG
GunnyG AT gmail.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glad you asked that question!
Nobody hates more than I do to login at a site, nor to have to have my posts approved before they are actually posted to the site.
But the way things are on the Internet, I, and others, really have no choice anymore.

If I do not configure the site this way, every morning I find the site littered with spam, pervert postings, smut of all kinds. It takes a lot of time to remove all this junk. The alternative is to leave it as is--you wouldn't like that, folks--and it would soon render these sites/messageboards useless to all of us. I have to remove this stuff manually; I think the spammers are doing it by computer now, non-stop--so they have no problem keeping up with their business. I have close to 20 forums here on Network54 alone, so you can see why the spam would take up a lot of my time.

So that's why I had to arrange things this way.

Regretably, this has also resulted in many people just not posting here. And I hate to see that as well. Hopefully, many of you will take the time to read this and understand the problem--I want to see you all posting here again!
Thank you for your attention.

Semper Fidelis
Dick Gaines/GunnyG
GunnyG AT gmail.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This message has been edited by Dick Gaines from IP address 71.1.245.84 on Jun 8, 2007 1:32 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>~Return to Index~  
Find more forums on U.S. Marine CorpsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
SHARE THIS/LINK TO THIS PAGE/ADD, ETC.
CLICK BELOW!

All Rights Reserved
Gunny G's Marines Sites & Forums
By
R.W. "Dick" Gaines
GySgt USMC (Ret.)
1952-72

eXTReMe Tracker >