<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Spring has sprung

March 11 2003 at 5:17 AM

Guyer Wayne  (Login wayneguyer)
from IP address

I was thinking about all of our Northern Chainsaw Carving Friends yesterday as I headed to the Bank. Then when I got home the Bradford Pear Tree in our front yard reminded me of the beautiful snow that we enjoyed at the Vous. The Camelia shrubs out by the driveway weren't too bad on the eyes either.
Don't give up hope y'all, we are sending spring your way, we want to enjoy the moment first.
See you at the 2004 Vous.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

82 degrees?????

March 11 2003, 11:49 PM 

We might get up to 50F by the week end here in Mn. In northern Minnesota they have 4 seasons early winter mid-winter late winter and Next winter as it is spent getting the wood pile up and ready for the coming seasons... . April showers don't happen until May and the Juneberry's don't get here until late July. So, I guess the spring is still frozen here. Where I live the weather is more like southern Minnsota, so in a good year summer falls on a week-end.

Respond to this message   
(no login)

I, so very well remember

March 12 2003, 8:04 AM 

It's supposed to get up to 88* today, the grass is greening out, about time for weed and feed.
Being born and raised in NE Iowa, the memories have not faded of those winters.
I enlisted in the AirForce shortly after high school and was first stationed in Savannah GA.
I enjoyed the weather and decided to become one of those "Damn Yankeys" as we are referred to as down here.
Stay warm,
See you at the 2004 Vous,

Respond to this message   
Lone Wolf
(Login chain-sawcritter)

sprung out

March 18 2003, 1:27 PM 

Wayne I was raised in Indiana and I to remmber all the walking to school in snow up over your head. I moved to Fl after Nam and the hospital, and loved it for a while, missed some of the cooler weather so moved up to SC to get a little of both. Lone Wolf

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Arts, Literature and CultureCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement