<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sedro Woolley 2009

July 6 2009 at 10:46 PM
Cindy King  (no login)
from IP address 24.19.23.154

Wow! We had such a great time in Sedro Woolley this year. We had missed it for a couple years and had kind of forgot how much fun that little town can be.

The results were...

1st Place - Davey Gagne'

[linked image]

2nd Place - Mark Colp

[linked image]

3rd Place - Chris Foltz
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

4th Place - Trace Breitenfeldt

[linked image]

Carvers Choice - Junior Henderson

[linked image]

People's Choice - Bob King
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Lance Rigby

[linked image]

Steve Backus
[linked image]
Ken Sheen

[linked image]

Nyal Thomas

[linked image]

Charlie Hubbard
[linked image]

Thor
[linked image]

Here is George Kenny auctioning off the items, he did a great job getting all the money out of the crowd that he could.
[linked image]

Bob had so much fun doing the cougar in the main event sculpture he decided to do another full bodied one the last day of the show.
[linked image]

A bench done on the last day by Lance Rigby
[linked image]

For the first time this year they changed the rules so that each carver could have a helper. I enjoyed working with Bob...I was only fired once!

On a inspirational note I wanted to share that a fund raiser was done for Jeanie, Nyal Thomas's wife. She is going through treatment for lung cancer. I don't know how much money was raised, but I know all the carvers gave with lots of compassion for their situation. Jeanie and Nyal were married in Westport quite a few years ago by Conrad Sandoval in front of a lot of us West Coast carvers. They walked down an aisle of chainsaws held in the air by the carvers... We pray that Jeannie is able to fight this cancer and win. In addition all the left over wood from the show, lots of beautiful cedar, was donated to them.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Sedro Woolley 2009
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement