Sorry i took so long to get back to you. It takes me longer and longer to recover after i come back from a long trip. I think it is age catching up
OK the following tips are based on my short visit to Scandinavia several years ago. Hope my information is accurate and these places are still there.
- Stroll along Stroget and Nyhavn
- Shop at Georg Jensen
- There is a Erotica Museum in town.. maybe u can leave your kids at Tivoli Gardens and then check out the museum with your wife wink
- If you have time you can make a day trip, take a train to Louisiana museum, then hop on over to Helsingor and see the Kronborg ( if memory serves me right this is the Hamlet castle ), take the Scanline ferry over to Helsinborg ( Sweden ), train down to Malmo and ferry back to Copenhagen.
- I highly recommend Christiana freetown ( a self-proclaimed autonomous neighbourhood of about 850 residents )
- Check out Amalienborg Palace and NyCarlsberg Glytotek Museum ( only do this if you have time to kill )
- if you are near the airport check out Dragor village. When i was there there was a halloween-like celebration and that was pretty interesting
- Visit Temppeliaukio church ( highlight for me )
- Check out the Sibelius monument
- have a meal at Chez Dominique ( very very yummy food )
- attend a concert at Finlandia Hall
- Visit Suomenlinna ( world heritage site )
- If you have time you can take the ferry over to Talinn, Estonia and visit the old town.
- Stroll along Gamla Stan
- Visit the Ice Bar at Nordic Hotel ( ccccold but it is a good experience)
- Visit Vasa Museum and Skansen
HAPPY CRUISING !!