Return to Index  

WoW!

August 10 2010 at 7:43 PM

Helen  (Login elanoftroy)
AP Discussion Group

Response to LiL’s Adventures in Tibet – Part 1 – Sightseeing and Scenery

Lil,

This is an amazing trip; is it a recent?  I realize photography is a hobby / developing skill but the places you visit and the broad scope of folk lore, people and country makes it amazing that you can capture so much in so little time.  You must be a whirl wind type of person to keep up that sort of pace. 

Its crazy that you need to show a identification / passport to enter that building and that youre even allowed to take photos or videos in the temple.  I guess with having so much security, it may draw more people to want to go in to see whats being guarded encouraging income from curious picture seekers.

The peoples costume is colorful but I really find it interesting that so much material is used on the outside of the buildings like outside curtains. I would think that the colors would fade quickly

Your group of photos of the mountains, lakes and clouds were breath taking.  I really like the one following the caption Reflections.  It has the look of an erupting volcano with smoke coming from the cone.   Speaking of cones did you buy any incense?  How do you burn the powdered kind?  Ive never seen incense like that before. 

3000 photos???  And how many days was this visit?  Another weekend?  Its all amazing you captured the essence of the people, their temperaments and their country very well.  From reading your story I became curious about where the Lhasa Apso dog breed originated.  According to Wikipedia, It was bred as an interior sentinel in the Buddhist monasteries who alerted the monks to any intruders who entered.  The breeds name is taken for the city and a Tibetan word combined to mean long-haired Tibetan dog.  Ahh all so interesting - Drinking my evening tea as I read your letter.

Fondly,

Helen

BTW   Is that you in the baby blue sweat shirt with the black and white polka dot hat and black gloves?   How cool!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page