Return to Index  

Re: A glimmer of hope for U.S. based domestic airlines

September 11 2010 at 8:02 AM

LiL  (Login LiL888)

Response to A glimmer of hope for U.S. based domestic airlines

Due to cost savings, I used to fly frequently on Airasia... I had to pay extra $$$ to check in luggage, convenience fee to use my credit card to purchase flights and the privilege to choose my seat.. Meals and drinks on board are also an additional expense. I am waiting for the day when they start charging to use the toilet on board !!! I guess I can't complain coz I have benefitted from the cheap flights and for short haul trips, these little inconveniences r bearable... But a complimentary warm cookie would definitely be nice and improve my goodwill towards the airlines happy.gif

Also want to share that I am quite cheesed off that since beginning of this year Airasia started charging premium rates for their customers to call their customer service number. FYI a local call costs around RM0.10 per minute but Airasia cons you out of RM$1.95 per minute to speak to their poorly trained officers should u have a problem which cannot be resolved online. The whole idea I suppose is to encourage customers to make changes to their bookings online so that Airasia need not bear the overhead cost of a huge callcentre.
A few months ago, they cancelled one of my flights and in order to make changes to my reservation I had no choice but to call their premium rate number. Why do I have to pay extra when it is not my fault that the flight was cancelled ? And to add I insult to injury, they take ages to pick up your calls. I have to start paying once the answering machine turns on where the automated voice asks u to "press 1 for English.. Etc etc". AirAsia is such a poorly managed and unethical airlines and unless they r offering dirt cheap fares, there is no reason to associate yourselves with them. FYI, they r also famous for cancelling flights if they did not sell enuff seats on that flight so be prepared to get bumped off to the next flight if u r unlucky. Those who have importants meetings/events to attend, avoid Airasia at all costs.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page