Return to Index  

LiL¡¯s, Needles¡¯s and Pins¡¯s Adventures at the Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat... Part 1

October 25 2010 at 10:40 PM

LiL  (Login LiL888)

Needles, my darling albino hedgehog has been feeling restless of late. Other than his daily run on his wheel, his activities are fairly routine.

[linked image]

He told his Mommy he wanted a change of scenery and so we packed our bags and made our way towards Ipoh city which is a two hour drive north of Kuala Lumpur. Ipoh is famous for its cuisine and limestone hills and what better way to spend a weekend enjoying both.

We checked into the Banjaran Resort which is located on a 56-acre valley fringing a cluster of towering limestone hills. Entrance to the resort

[linked image]

We felt relaxed as soon as we stepped into the lobby.

[linked image]

Needles loved the water features.

[linked image]

We were greeted by the resort manager and then served our welcome drink of pomelo mojito. Pomelo is a Asian citrus fruit that resembles a thick-skinned grapefruit.

[linked image]

Our butler then took us to our villa in a buggy whilst pointing out the us the many facilities we can enjoy in the resort

[linked image]

On the way to our villa, we saw many Reflection Pools,

[linked image]

chanced upon a family of turkey and oohhed and ahhed at the natural features of the resort

[linked image]

Several minutes later we arrived at the entrance to our villa.

[linked image]

No old fashioned key card in this resort. Each guest is given a magnetic wrist band which is easy to operate

[linked image]

Our Living room. Spacious and equipped with a mobile phone. Also has a panic button which you can press in case of emergency. Instead of using mineral water bottles, every villa comes with a labu sayong, an elegant, gourd-shaped carafe that is used to keep water cool. The jug, with the characteristic double bulb design, is charred to give it the ability to cool its contents quickly. It is believed that the water stored in a labu sayong has healing properties. It is filled with spring water daily.

[linked image]

Bedroom. We enjoyed every bite of the juicy pomelo.

[linked image]

Roomy bathroom. One sink for Needles and one for Pins

[linked image]

Needles trying to camouflage himself but Mommy has a sharp eye

[linked image]

All 25 villas have their own plunge pool

[linked image]

And our very own sunken Jacuzzi hotspring pool. Mineral water is piped from nearby springs. Strangely there was no sulphur smell but my skin felt soft and smooth after a fifteen minute dip. Given the hot and humid tropical weather we have in Malaysia, the best time to enjoy the hotspring is late at night before you go to sleep. Fortunately, you can adjust the water temperature of the pool but you have to be patient as it takes more than half an hour to fill the tub.

[linked image]

The villas are dotted around a huge geothermal lake Three million litres of mineral-filled water bubbles to the surface daily. Its temperature ranges between 40¢ª and 70¢ª Celsius. The heat is enough to generate a natural sauna and create a steam cave.

[linked image]

But we were encouraged to use the hot dipping pot. Hygiene purposes I think.

[linked image]

After which you can immerse yourself in the Ice dipping pot

[linked image]

Or stick your feet into the Garra Ruffa doctor fish pool. I wonder why the fish are attracted to some feet and not others. The reflexology pool was warm and inviting.

[linked image]

One thing which differentiates Banjaran from other resorts are the 4 caves. Just follow the signs and you will come to the Meditation cave

[linked image]

I can imagine myself doing a yoga or taichi class here

[linked image]

Steam cave to open your clogged pores

[linked image]

Crystal cave is the only airconditioned cave and I found myself seeking refuge there in the late afternoon. The juice bar is a nice venue for cocktail events

[linked image]

For a bird¡¯s eye view of the resort, climb the steps up to The Balcony

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page